Questions about Seasons, Elo & Ranking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZioticX

01-04-2013

First question, how often do Seasons switch? I know right now it's Season 3 but how long until it go's to season 4? And what determines the switch? Is it length of time, maximum amount of elo reached? Or what... o.o

Second question. What is the lowest amount of possible Elo you're able to reach. I know Elo is a ranking system. So shouldn't that mean the lowest should be 1, and the highest infinite?

Third question. I'm only Lv. 25, so I don't know much about ranked, but what's the difference between the 3 ladders?

Solo 5v5, ranked team 3v3 and ranked team 5v5.

Is ranked team 5v5 when you invite your own team mates and is solo when you get matched? Just wondering :P

Any help would be appreciated.

RyuuguReina

01-04-2013

I believe the Seasons change per year.

I'd assume 0, however to get there is unlikely, I doubt anyone is that bad at the game/if youre trying you'll get banned first.

In solo 5v5 you are qued with 5 others who joined the solo que, however, you may bring a duo partner, and other may do the same. Aas far as I know only 1 duo is allowed per team per match.
In 3v3 and 5v5 you make a team before queing, there will be a section in your profile you may do this. Then you say you will join the que but invite your own teammates, you invite people from your team and the join the que to be matched vs others who did the same. Any team (3v3 or 5v5) may have more than 5 members I believe the limit is 10.

ZioticX

01-04-2013

Thanks for the help