Jungle Sion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CounterSnipe

01-04-2013

So I picked up Sion today because I remembered him as a popular jungle pick during the early phases of S2. I was wondering how people play him and what items they like to get.

First off, My Ability sequence is this.
1E 2W 3Q 4E
Then I max Q first, E Second, W third, and I sometimes leave the ult at level 1 depending on if I need it or not.

I max q first because of the 300 flat damage it does. With CDR, I can spam this at least 2 times per gank, maybe 3 if they're super over extended. And considering MR is generally lower than armor during the early/mid game, I find it works out pretty well.

My runes and masteries are listed below.

Also, I usually get these items.
1) Wriggle's Lantern
2) Phage into Frozen Mallet.
3) Abyssal Scepter.
4) Wit's End
5) Runic Bulwark/Randuin's
6) Boots of Mobility (Never upgrade them because I like to sell them for late game boots. I think I would get the blue icon for the 25% reduction on flash)

Also, I run with Flash/Smite. I think Ghost would be better considering Sion has no sticking power, but I like flash too much, and would probably be invaded more if I didn't run with it.

Please drop criticisms on what I do, thanks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RyuuguReina

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterSnipe View Post
So I picked up Sion today because I remembered him as a popular jungle pick during the early phases of S2. I was wondering how people play him and what items they like to get.

First off, My Ability sequence is this.
1E 2W 3Q 4E
Then I max Q first, E Second, W third, and I sometimes leave the ult at level 1 depending on if I need it or not.

I max q first because of the 300 flat damage it does. With CDR, I can spam this at least 2 times per gank, maybe 3 if they're super over extended. And considering MR is generally lower than armor during the early/mid game, I find it works out pretty well.

My runes and masteries are listed below.

Also, I usually get these items.
1) Wriggle's Lantern
2) Phage into Frozen Mallet.
3) Abyssal Scepter.
4) Wit's End
5) Runic Bulwark/Randuin's
6) Boots of Mobility (Never upgrade them because I like to sell them for late game boots. I think I would get the blue icon for the 25% reduction on flash)

Also, I run with Flash/Smite. I think Ghost would be better considering Sion has no sticking power, but I like flash too much, and would probably be invaded more if I didn't run with it.

Please drop criticisms on what I do, thanks.
Well from my experiences (It's weak but I tend to have things down fairly well conceptually) you are doing some things right, and some things wrong. It seems like you're going hybrid which can work in some cases, but sion can be stronger as either a strictly ap or strictly ad champion. I don't know about now but when he was more popular the general consensus was that ad sion was better. However you may choose whichever you want.

For AD sion: You'll want to be a bit tanky so that you don't just die as soon as you go into the fight. Getting E early will help you to stack health as quickly as you can with its pasive. Next grabbing Q (the stun if I'm not mistaken) for ganks, W to help with jungling and then maxing E for clearing speed and damage. I'd invest in Wriggles lantern, Zerker greaves, BC, then a tanky item like Frozen mallet (helps chase) or Bulwark (helps with tankiness for your entire team. For SS run ghost and smite as you'll want to continuously AA with your red buff and massive AA damage from early levels in E. Lead ganks with your stun, the laner will then join you in AAing the enemy and spamming their skills (don't forget to burst your shield before it gets popped my their damage).

For AP sion: They have a new jungler item for APs I forget what it is called but it gives spellvamp so that would be a good option. Do NOT get Frozen Mallet on AP sion, if you really need a slow go for Rylai's Scepter. I would also suggest Sorcerer Boots and Rod of Ages (If you get this get it early, it takes 10 minutes before it is fully effective). Here I suggest flash smite because you are a burster mainly. Maxing W and Q first, taking one level in E to help clear the jungle and gain some health. Lead your ganks again with Q then burst your shield when you get in range. AS you get better you can save your shield and tank a bit of damage or activate it before you even Q that way you can burst on top of them quicker.

Boots of Mobility, if you take this item you are pretty much set in stone, selling your boots and buying different one's later is an awkward move, I would suggest them on AD sion potentially but not AP sion.