Why tanks suck.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geomai

Member

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak al Maut View Post
Singed, Rammus, Cho, and Shen are great pubstompers in my experience.
They're great for pubstomping because they can hold their own while still being tanky. Singed and Cho can be played AP for decent damage output while still tanking. Shen deals a ton of damage even when going for a tank build for some reason >_>......... Rammus gets some damage from armor so he can also dish out the pain to squishies.

This really bothers me though. Playing pub games makes people choose tanks that have decent damage output. Tanks like Malphite and Amumu are left behind because they don't hold their own in 1v1s well. I'd like to think that when I solo queue, I can be paired with people on my level who will be able to take full advantage of myself tanking with Amumu/Malphite/etc. But with the way things are right now, even tanks have to worry about dealing a lot of damage because you cannot trust your teammates to do it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomai View Post
They're great for pubstomping because they can hold their own while still being tanky. Singed and Cho can be played AP for decent damage output while still tanking. Shen deals a ton of damage even when going for a tank build for some reason >_>......... Rammus gets some damage from armor so he can also dish out the pain to squishies.
Oh, I know. Just saying, if you're in a bracket that's full of incompetents you're probably still "settling" into your true Elo. You're probably better than them, it's not unlikely. What I mean to type is if you have to play a tank in a bracket full of "tards" you're better off playing someone that can stomp the living hell out of bads. I know whenever I go on a losing streak and need to gain Elo while tanking Singed never lets me down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sunstrike

Member

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtas View Post
Tanks don't play any important role in a team because they don't pose any threat which is why the plan in a teamfight is to always ignore the tanks and go for the DPS.
Thats why bad tanks are bad yes.

Good tanks (amumu, malp, singed ect) have ways to initiate and enough CC or unitemized damage to make them need to be focused down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geomai

Member

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak al Maut View Post
Oh, I know. Just saying, if you're in a bracket that's full of incompetents you're probably still "settling" into your true Elo. You're probably better than them, it's not unlikely. What I mean to type is if you have to play a tank in a bracket full of "tards" you're better off playing someone that can stomp the living hell out of bads. I know whenever I go on a losing streak and need to gain Elo while tanking Singed never lets me down.
I like the way you think xP It's just unfortunate that I can't play Amumu properly. I really feel he has a ton of potential with a good team backing him up. Unfortunately I haven't been so lucky as to be teamed up with people who can take advantage of him. I believe this is one of the reasons why Amumu has fallen into obscurity after some nerfs that lowered his damage output.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rikrokola

Senior Member

05-16-2010

I once went something like 11 - 3 - 5 on a game as Alistar. I felt humiliated that we won and I had most of the kills. And they weren't KS either. Something is wrong when I have four items on Alistar. And that's how I know I'm in low elo.

The moar you know *star*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kodoku

Senior Member

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikrokola View Post
I once went something like 11 - 3 - 5 on a game as Alistar. I felt humiliated that we won and I had most of the kills. And they weren't KS either. Something is wrong when I have four items on Alistar. And that's how I know I'm in low elo.

The moar you know *star*
I disagree. Sheen, Boots, Oracle, Wards. Four items seems exactly right =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nerubian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-16-2010

I'm not sure on the consensus.. But, I've been having a blast tanking as Mundo... He shrugs off CC like a beast, does a decent amount of damage in a team fight. His speed makes him able to run in, initiate, burst someone down with your team (or a variety of people to low) run out while your ults healing you up to 3/4th and then get back in the fray. Also, cleavers are an excellent ability that help you destroy their tank. I've gotten a fair share of game turners because their tank initiates and they take too much damage to simply stay in the fight for very long.

However, my second most played is Shen... been trying to stay away from him. And, although I don't like playing tanks, I'll do the support and tank characters for my solo queues.