Why tanks suck.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geomai

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsaber122 View Post
Choose a tank that is a threat,

Shen/Blitzcrank/Cho'goth/Rammus/Mord

best 5 *tanks* depends on build through..
Shen/Amumu/Malphite/Rammus/Blitz/Alistar. This is my list of threatening tanks. They all have something that will keep you pinned in place and vulnerable. If you're a squishy, staying away from these tanks would be a top priority.

Cho has some pretty good burst with his ultimate and Mord does quite a bit of damage but I don't see any reason why a decent team would draw fire to them. I always ignore Cho and Kaiser while attacking their teammates.

Geomai

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDiamantx View Post
I used to solo qeue as Shen and come out with the most kills and leasdt deaths, it really pisses me off.
I think Shen is imbalanced. His damage output seems way too high for someone that's so tanky >_> I also hate how he can single-handedly save teammates who play carelessly and poorly. His ultimate should have a range on it or something... maybe enough to reach from a side lane to mid lane, but not global >_>

Kushmeyer2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtas View Post
Tanks don't play any important role in a team because they don't pose any threat which is why the plan in a teamfight is to always ignore the tanks and go for the DPS.
Shen - 2 second aoe taunt. Spells cannot be cast in that time. (I usually hit all the heroes that matter) Has great damage IF he gets attacked often so his passive can cool faster.

Rammus - One person taunt. Can be built for damage/tank hybrid and get the job done.

Alistair - charge a group, heal, do w/e... as long as your team can focus he's good. This guy is just a tank... no damage.

Malphite - Slow is meh, but his ulti is like alistair. Same as above.

Cho'Gath - Stun/slow, silence, HUGE. Has amazing damage capacity for a tank, and therefore will need to be focused at some point or he will obliterate you with stuns and silences.

Mordekaiser - Shield, huge life steal ulti and above average tank damage? Well I'll be this guy can tank! I personally do not use him though because he has no cc. You rely on running in first and hitting them to scare the **** outta them to attack you.

Believe it or not if a tank runs in ahead of the group, people WILL focus them and burst on them. It's in people's nature to get rid of the nearest threat. Cho'Gaths huge size too, makes people attack him (or at least unable to target anyone else lol).

If you play games where the tank isnt in first and gets nuked on, then good job you just might be with a ****ty team and/or tank.

jofra

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsaber122 View Post
Choose a tank that is a threat,

Shen/Blitzcrank/Cho'goth/Rammus/Mord

best 5 *tanks* depends on build through..
On that list i only see 2 that are a threat...Shen and Cho'goth...(maybe rammus too).

Eppa

05-16-2010

Heimer is the ultimate hero against a team with no tank.

Geomai

05-16-2010

Well whatever, tanks are great on good teams and I'm not trying to say that they are horrible to play all the time. My point is that when playing solo queue, tanking for the team is very unrewarding and unsatisfying... especially with all the greedy people out there who won't engage when you initiate because they care too much about their k/d ratio.

Kushmeyer2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomai View Post
Well whatever, tanks are great on good teams and I'm not trying to say that they are horrible to play all the time. My point is that when playing solo queue, tanking for the team is very unrewarding and unsatisfying... especially with all the greedy people out there who won't engage when you initiate because they care too much about their k/d ratio.
It sure as hell is annoying. i only do chogath and mord on solo queue because I can make AP tank builds on both and do decent laning and tank if they decide to be smart enough to let me.

YUNG BEEF SHAWTY

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtas View Post
tanks don't play any important role in a team because they don't pose any threat which is why the plan in a teamfight is to always ignore the tanks and go for the dps.
hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i've been here all summer

Geomai

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroDivine View Post
It sure as hell is annoying. i only do chogath and mord on solo queue because I can make AP tank builds on both and do decent laning and tank if they decide to be smart enough to let me.
While I enjoy AP tanks, in 5-man premades I would always go for a full-tank build. The reason for this is because with 5-man premades I can trust that my 4 teammates will do what they need to do. However in solo queue, AP tanking is great because you don't have to completely rely on your teammates who will often time be very bad players.

I'm on the verge of considering making a clan just so that I have people to play with, who use ventrilo, and who I can trust to do their jobs properly without obsessing over their k/d ratio.

Malak al Maut

05-16-2010

Singed, Rammus, Cho, and Shen are great pubstompers in my experience.