Why tanks suck.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eppa

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomai View Post
If you're at like top 100 ELO and you get placed with someone from top 500 it's not as bad as someone in top 500 getting placed with some person who would be in the top 50000 or so. Why? Because at least a top 500 player knows enough to do their role and not feed the other team carelessly. There can be people in top 50000 who still haven't figured out that running randomly through the enemy jungle while their entire team is MIA is probably not a good idea.
I'm probably mid Elo and unless i get a really long queue time i don't get matched to people that are even close to horrible.

Also i doubt that the spread is that big.

NumberOneMercury

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

Quote:
It's because 50% of the time when you solo queue, your teammates are garbage and do nothing even if you tank for them. Solo queue sucks, there's so many bad things about it and blind pick doesn't help anything either.

tl;dr: just realized 50% of the time a random chosen team will be a below average team

EveryTimeV

05-16-2010

That being said, if I don't get some kind of healer on my team when I play a tank I find it very unappealing to soak up damage to 10% Life and 'still' be barked at by my team to initiate a fight, or stay with them.

Alistar could be deemed a self solution seeing as he has his own heal and all...

I'm not sure what I could really do about healing myself up for the next fight besides recalling, which wastes time. I'm not sure Warmogs and Force of Nature combined would heal me as fast as I'd like to be healed, so it's nice to have a healer and pass up force of nature for Spirit Visage in a lot of cases.

Geomai

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtas View Post
Unfortunately 80% of the people who play LoL don't.
Yeah, quite unfortunate.... especially for the players who try desperately to improve their team composition by choosing a tank and doing their role properly.

This game has turned into people always choosing the same champion that can get a lot of kills with a great kill/death ratio. At the end of the day, even if they lost 8/10 games, they'd still be satisfied with the profile because "i went positive in every single game and still got 8 losses! Every team i get is so horrible".

When in actuality, all they did was play Shaco a ton of times in a row, blink in and hit people once to finish them off when they're low and then run away before you die (because you know... that would ruin your score!)... thus, contributing absolutely nothing for your team but ending up with a good score.

ZiPpYz

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtas View Post
Tanks don't play any important role in a team because they don't pose any threat which is why the plan in a teamfight is to always ignore the tanks and go for the DPS.
lol WUT? tanks pose a thread but only if your team is good

Geomai

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
I'm probably mid Elo and unless i get a really long queue time i don't get matched to people that are even close to horrible.

Also i doubt that the spread is that big.
The player base for this game is HUGE, the spread ranges from complete noobs to super pros. However, there is a fine line somewhere within that spread where people on one side don't completely understand game mechanics/champion roles and people on the other side have great map awareness/understand their role/great mechanics. Then there's people in the middle who are kind of decent but not completely great at everything they do.

I personally feel I have great map awareness and I know my role in games that I play. The problem lies with other people when they don't understand that they should be engaging at the same time that Amumu pops his ult or they aren't paying attention to the minimap and get ganked because of it. I dislike playing tank for people who lack enough game knowledge to compete on the same level as everybody else in the game.

Kodoku

05-16-2010

I solo queue exclusively and pick Alistar unless someone already took a hard initiator. I have a lot of fun with it, and my teammates generally like my play style.

Darksteel Reaver

05-16-2010

Quote:
I normally don't play tanks but I decided to do so because EVERY TEAM I SOLO QUEUED WITH HAD NO TANKS. I thought to myself... "hey, it's hard to win without a tank so i'll do it". But now, I figured out why people don't play tanks... It's because 50% of the time when you solo queue, your teammates are garbage and do nothing even if you tank for them. Solo queue sucks, there's so many bad things about it and blind pick doesn't help anything either.
The tank in the right team make a huge different, don't ask me how, but it will show.

If you don't have tank in a tournament game, you better start panic.

The bottom line, tank is not suck, you just unfortunately got matched up with chicken pusssy noobs.

Lightsaber122

05-16-2010

Choose a tank that is a threat,

Shen/Blitzcrank/Cho'goth/Rammus/Mord

best 5 *tanks* depends on build through..

xDiamantx

05-16-2010

I used to solo qeue as Shen and come out with the most kills and leasdt deaths, it really pisses me off.