Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why tanks suck.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geomai

05-16-2010

I normally don't play tanks but I decided to do so because EVERY TEAM I SOLO QUEUED WITH HAD NO TANKS. I thought to myself... "hey, it's hard to win without a tank so i'll do it". But now, I figured out why people don't play tanks... It's because 50% of the time when you solo queue, your teammates are garbage and do nothing even if you tank for them. Solo queue sucks, there's so many bad things about it and blind pick doesn't help anything either.

Alame

05-16-2010

I know exaclty how you feel.

Just played a game as Alistar solo queue. On a team with Tristana, Annie, and Warwick, Alistar should NOT have the most kills, OR the highest k/d ratio.

Eppa

05-16-2010

no comment.

Drggg

05-16-2010

You are likely as good as the people you play against/with.

chinese poonani

05-16-2010

Tanks don't play any important role in a team because they don't pose any threat which is why the plan in a teamfight is to always ignore the tanks and go for the DPS.

Geomai

05-16-2010

Quote:
Drggg:
You are likely as good as the people you play against/with.

That's only if you believe that the current matchmaking system is fine :T I think it's horrible, placing high ELO people with low ELO people to create balance... the low ELO people feed like nuts and the high ELO people have to pay for it.

Geomai

05-16-2010

Quote:
Timtas:
Tanks don't play any important role in a team because they don't pose any threat which is why the plan in a teamfight is to always ignore the tanks and go for the DPS.

I believe tanks have three major roles in team fights:
1. Initiation
2. Damage absorption (something to draw fire to yourself)
3. Zone control (for example, when enemy Rammus walks towards teammate Tristana in a fight, the Tristana will have to reposition because she cannot afford to be taunted. This interrupts the amount of DPS tristana will be able to deal during the time it takes her to reposition)

Eppa

05-16-2010

Quote:
Geomai:
That's only if you believe that the current matchmaking system is fine :T I think it's horrible, placing high ELO people with low ELO people to create balance... the low ELO people feed like nuts and the high ELO people have to pay for it.

Why is Elo more accurate the higher your rating is?

Geomai

05-16-2010

Quote:
Eppa:
Why is Elo more accurate the higher your rating is?

If you're at like top 100 ELO and you get placed with someone from top 500 it's not as bad as someone in top 500 getting placed with some person who would be in the top 50000 or so. Why? Because at least a top 500 player knows enough to do their role and not feed the other team carelessly. There can be people in top 50000 who still haven't figured out that running randomly through the enemy jungle while their entire team is MIA is probably not a good idea.

chinese poonani

05-16-2010

Quote:
Geomai:
I believe tanks have three major roles in team fights:
1. Initiation
2. Damage absorption (something to draw fire to yourself)
3. Zone control (for example, when enemy Rammus walks towards teammate Tristana in a fight, the Tristana will have to reposition because she cannot afford to be taunted. This interrupts the amount of DPS tristana will be able to deal during the time it takes her to reposition)

Unfortunately 80% of the people who play LoL don't.