[Guide Request] Cho'Gath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiabolicalDesk

09-13-2009

Hello, when I scrolled through the guides, I did not see any of Cho'Gath. This hero interests me, and I was wondering if anyone could offer the basics (or advanced techniques if you are willing) on Cho'Gath. An item build and Skill build would be nice, and how you should use his skills to lead to your Feast.

MrToasty

09-13-2009

The one item I recommend is that angel's armor that resurrects your hero once every 5min if they die. This allows Cho'Gath to keep his feasts.

Loasted

09-13-2009

There is a guide created by me on cho'gath. It's called He who must not be named. If you look in the guide directory you'll see it there.

DiabolicalDesk

09-13-2009

Alright, thank you very much. I did not see it because I was searching for something with Cho'Gath in it. Thanks Loasted.

Krald

09-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loasted View Post
There is a guide created by me on cho'gath. It's called He who must not be named. If you look in the guide directory you'll see it there.
That guide isn't very good, just to be honest.
One of my teammates mains is cho'gath, and in the past 10 games we've played, he's only died once and is always 1-2nd in kills, and gets the most assists.

Although that's some simple stats, he definitely plays him right.

He doesn't get on the forums, so I'll post some of his builds and such.

1-Rupture ( only need for the stun, the levels only increase in damage)
2-Spikes
3-Scream
4-Scream
5-Spikes
6-Feast
7-Scream
8-Scream
9-Spikes
10-Scream
11-Feast
12-Rupture
13-Rupture
14-Spikes
15-Rupture
16-Feast
etc etc

Obviosuly Cho'gath is a hero that builds completely different based on your team's champions and the enemy's, but there are generally 3 core builds.

Hp/physical dmg/ganker
Mercury Treads
Phil stone
Frozen Mallet
Warmog's
Atmas

Burst/anti mage
Sorcerer's Boots
Phil Stone
Mejas Soulstealer
Rod of Ages
Rylais Scepter
Rod of Ages

And my friend's personal favorite, the hybrid:
Swiftness boots
Phil stone
Soulstealer
Warmog's
Rod of Ages

Generally, I think something that NO ONE ever realizes, is that Cho'gath is NOT a true tank. If he is, then he is the only 'tank' that doesn't have damage mitigation, and if you intend to play him that way, you need to heavily invest in the defensive tree and some runes, but its not recommended.

Cho'gath is an amazing pusher, disruptor, kill initiator, and kill finisher, with lots of hp if his items and feast permit it. Play him as that. Build him as that. Go heavy in the offensive tree if your goind for build 1 or 3 and 9 pts into offensive and the rest utility if your doing build 2. He's an amazing teammate to have, but if you build him to simply have beastly hp and farming capabilities (sunfire) then hes honestly not worth your time.

I plan on actually writing a guide, but I figured I'd just post the builds here for now.

SmecssRaege

09-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krald View Post
Generally, I think something that NO ONE ever realizes, is that Cho'gath is NOT a true tank. If he is, then he is the only 'tank' that doesn't have damage mitigation, and if you intend to play him that way, you need to heavily invest in the defensive tree and some runes, but its not recommended.

Cho'gath is an amazing pusher, disruptor, kill initiator, and kill finisher, with lots of hp if his items and feast permit it. Play him as that. Build him as that. Go heavy in the offensive tree if your goind for build 1 or 3 and 9 pts into offensive and the rest utility if your doing build 2. He's an amazing teammate to have, but if you build him to simply have beastly hp and farming capabilities (sunfire) then hes honestly not worth your time.

I plan on actually writing a guide, but I figured I'd just post the builds here for now.
I totally agree with those 2 paragraphs, EXCEPT that cho'gath isn't a very good initiator, because he doesn't have any closing in skill

(IE: Rammus' Powerball/Defensive Curl/Tremor, Malphite's Ulti/GroundSlam, Amumu's Bandage Toss/Ulti)

And their is way better pushers then chogath, but he's not half bad it either =P

Itemize him as a tank, and he's tank enough, but as you said, with no skills to support his tanking ability (other than feast giving +max HP to what...1200+ ish?) 1200 hp goes by late game in 1 - 2 hits.... can't even compare that to rammus' defensive curl or allistars unbreakable will for actually tanking.

Krald

09-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmecssRaege View Post
I totally agree with those 2 paragraphs, EXCEPT that cho'gath isn't a very good initiator, because he doesn't have any closing in skill

(IE: Rammus' Powerball/Defensive Curl/Tremor, Malphite's Ulti/GroundSlam, Amumu's Bandage Toss/Ulti)

And their is way better pushers then chogath, but he's not half bad it either =P

Itemize him as a tank, and he's tank enough, but as you said, with no skills to support his tanking ability (other than feast giving +max HP to what...1200+ ish?) 1200 hp goes by late game in 1 - 2 hits.... can't even compare that to rammus' defensive curl or allistars unbreakable will for actually tanking.
When I say he's a kill initiator, I mean for the team, I.E rupture/silencing mages etc.
He's not really a good initiator for himself, but moreso for your team to get their slows/nukes/attacks off, and open up for you to feast.

SmecssRaege

09-14-2009

Aah, see to me the term "initiator" means the people that start (aka: initiate) fights, wether it be by means of walking up or getting up with some more unconventional methods

Ie like i mentioned earlier:

malphites ulti (instantly runs up + stuns) <good at starting a fight in your favor
amumu bandage+ulti <VERY good at starting a fight in your favor
allistars stun/headbutt/ulti < good at walking into a group, singling 1 out, punting him to your team and then popping ulti to tank/disturb the other 4 who won't really be able to kill you for 12 seconds =P

etc etc

i can see what you mean for sure, chogath is definately good in those respects, but those are more "support" skills by technical standards than "initiator" skills :3

ChoGath

09-14-2009

I know much about this Cho'Gath

Mr Tibbers

09-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoGath View Post
I know much about this Cho'Gath
Oh thank god. For a second, I thought you were just trolling there. Oh, wait...