Please make ALL RANDOM games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorv

05-16-2010

The problem with this is the same problem dota had: it makes for crappy games.

Best example I have is one game where the opponents randomed a balanced team with necrolyte, earthshaker, luna, centaur, vengeful.

Our team was riki, sand king, axe, voidwalker, proudmoore.

For those of you who don't understand the reference, it was a balanced team VS 5 melee late-gamers. We got destroyed.

ZiPpYz

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint123 View Post
Dear LOL staff,

I think you need to add a mode where everyone receives a random champions similar to that of DOTA. I feel this would be a fun way for people to try different champions along with making the teams slightly more fair. If each team is gets 5 random champions there is a pretty good chance that the game might end up pretty even.

You could even allow people to repick their champion one time or swap like they did in DOTA. Also make people select their masteries and rune books before the game loads therefore making the player select a balanced mastery/rune book or trying to get lucky and choosing a more defensive or offense build before knowing their champion.

This would be amusing, fun, and maybe even more balanced, because of a lack of the normally feared champions.

Just a thought. Toss some thoughts into here if you want to about what you think of the idea or things you do or do not want to see in an All Random type of game.
i assume you mean the teams would follow either the same make up or a standard make up (tank, support, melee phys dps, ranged phys dps, magic) something like that. Or else one team can get lucky with a good make-up and the other team will end up with 5 casters or something.

Cooldude1234

05-16-2010

I agree I would really love an all random mode, that's all I used to play in dota.

Urobolus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorv View Post
The problem with this is the same problem dota had: it makes for crappy games.

Best example I have is one game where the opponents randomed a balanced team with necrolyte, earthshaker, luna, centaur, vengeful.

Our team was riki, sand king, axe, voidwalker, proudmoore.

For those of you who don't understand the reference, it was a balanced team VS 5 melee late-gamers. We got destroyed.
But here's the funny thing: This isn't DotA. You can get any 5 champions and still have a decent chance.

...Unless of course, you get Tryndamere, Master Yi, Warwick, Evelynn, and Amumu. In that case, lol @ your luck.
Even then, some champions are harder to master for some than others. You could get Jax, Janna, Ezreal, Shen, & Udyr, yet nobody knows the best way to play them, while your opponents having a not-as-good composition is more experienced with their characters, and will wipe out the former.

Simply put: It's all on the luck factor at first. The rest is "Do you know your champion?".

My name is Mark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

This would get me playing like MAD again! PLEASE DO THIS!

Darksteel Reaver

05-16-2010

Dota does not have Runes and Masteries.

LOL have Runes and Masteries, and every champ has different builds.

So random = unexpected pick = WTF!!!!

See the conflict?

Dyloslawer

05-16-2010

this would be awesome indeed. it's pretty much the only thing i did in dota.

Phaerius

05-16-2010

It would be fine if you build a balanced rune page, like some people do. Or you could disable runes, and keep masteries enabled. An all random mode would also give you a chance to try champions you have not bought, while still not getting your favourite champion enough to excuse you from buying champions.

Sourpatch

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urobolus View Post
No Runes.
No Masteries.
Random Only.
Final Destination.
^^^^^^^^