Late game respawn times...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sweatersDC

05-16-2010

Too long?

I mean I know it's supposed to be a big deal to lose a teamfight. But it pretty much seems that the late game boils down to whoever loses a teamfight after 40 minutes auto-loses, cause the other team gets a full minute to rape their base.

It would seem more fair to have the respawn cap at ~40 seconds instead of a minute, but that's just my opinion. Feel free to post yours.

Crocket

05-16-2010

Why would you want games to last even longer?

finalformeskimo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

If your whole team dies when everyone is level 18, it should be a significant victory. Why shouldnt the team who won get a reward? I know its a helpless feeling, But nothing is worse than killing someone and have them come back immedaitely to their turret. And its not like you need the exp anymore from the kills.

Early game when you get a kill, its a big deal, but they will still be back really fast to protect their turret.

Also it stops games from going on for an hour and a half.

barokas

05-16-2010

The only folks that rape your base during a whole minute are the ones that survive.
If your whole team dies and the other still has their 5 champs alive, then you deserve to lose really :<

ChaosZeroX

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalformeskimo View Post
If your whole team dies when everyone is level 18, it should be a significant victory. Why shouldnt the team who won get a reward? I know its a helpless feeling, But nothing is worse than killing someone and have them come back immedaitely to their turret. And its not like you need the exp anymore from the kills.

Early game when you get a kill, its a big deal, but they will still be back really fast to protect their turret.

Also it stops games from going on for an hour and a half.
this

sweatersDC

05-16-2010

Yea I know the reasoning behind the long respawns. And yea shorter respawn times would = longer games. I guess I've just been spoiled by shooters where you respawn in 5-10 seconds... all the sitting around and waiting gets annoying.

I wish there were a way that shorter respawns could work but the more I think about it the more I think it would throw off the whole balance of the game. Oh well, guess I'll just have to get used to it XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocket View Post
Why would you want games to last even longer?
Maybe I'm the only one but I <3 long games. I like working toward the insane-o builds that you can never get in 25-35 minutes

immp

05-16-2010

if spawn times were capped even at 30 seconds it wouldnt neccessarily make the games any longer,just more action packed and less boring *lame*

it takes what 8-10 seconds *if that long* to cross from base to base in mid if youve got mv2boots,so even an invading team could recover fairly quickly to continue the assault.

if anything lower respawn times would make the end game battle/base fights better as you are spending less time doing NOTHING in game,
aka being bored and feeling like the game is trash while you go urinate

if a team gets wiped while defending nexus it is NOT going to take the invaders more than 30 seconds to take down nexus,so a minute of being dead is just silly.
*probably not more than 10-15s*

Osmodius

05-16-2010

You just destroyed the entire enemy team.

You ****ing won.

Decepticon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

What if people automatically Respawn when the nexus takes a hit?

Drggg

05-16-2010

instant respawns the entire game, but your stats are reduced to 25% and they scale back up the length of the current respawn time