Would you like to see a campaign?

Yes, great idea! 16 76.19%
No, You suck. 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Campaign

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shad Grimgravy

05-16-2010

Perhaps this has been discussed in a time previous to when i was playing league of legends, but i think a campaign would be a really cool idea. I like lists so I am going to lay out a list with some ideas.

Overview: I think it would be cool to have a campaign in the same style that the old Mortal Kombat games had a campaign. The campaign would entail a series of games played against certain teams. I think there is a lot of design opportunity for that part. We already have story, and i think it would be a really cool way to incorporate more story, and for the people who dont read the lore to learn about the characters.

1. I think the use of campaign would also encourage players to play more practice games. I cannot claim i have never joined MM with a character i havent used, but everyone is always crying about the fact that people need to join practice games first. I think a campaign would help tremendously.

2. The campaign could force the player to use the free champions for the week, or other champions they own. Maybe create part of the campaign for characters that they have to use, and the other part they can choose their own. I am not sure if this would be hard from a IT perspective, but if its possible, i think it would be interesting.

3. Also, when i first joined the game, like a lot of people, had no idea about anything. I didnt know what a carry was, a gank, etc etc. If using a script is something Riot would be willing to do, I think familiarizing the players with those words could be incorporated into the script.

This list isnt as long as i imagined, but thats not the point. What do you guys think? Ideas, suggestions, or just rude comments are welcome. Discuss!

Shad Grimgravy

05-16-2010

Shameful bump.

CypherSoul

05-16-2010

final boss is gentlemen cho?

Berard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

I suppose the idea is good, but implementing it is entirely different than thinking it up.

Epityr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

I'd rather them put more work into expert level play rather than to replace an already existing beginner tutorial.

RedWizardHades

05-16-2010

I think this would be awesome. Single player or Co-oP. Like an rpg within the game. If they would ever do this they would need to hire an entire new group that all they do is this.

Nonetheless +1

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

05-16-2010

Can we get a choice C) "No, I don't believe that a Campaign is the best use of company time, and will likely be borderline impossible to balance in a useful/ meaningful manner without forcing either 1) Trial and Error Gameplay or 2) limiting the selectable heroes?

I mean, there's other reasons, but... yeah. I just don't really see this working. Now, there's ideas for line wars and stuff like that which I feel would be AWESOME, but I just honestly don't see a campaign being that great. Plus the time required I feel would be FAR better spent on other things.

Shad Grimgravy

05-16-2010

Selectable heroes would have to be limited; however i think it could be balanced. They could divvy it up between classifications. IE: certain parts of the campaign would have to be used by certain class tags, tanks, mage, dps etc etc. Not only would this open up players to a different play style, but it would give new players direction on where exactly to begin. In terms of it become redundant due to the tutorial, i say, scrap the tutorial, and the campaign could act as a tutorial, too.

In terms of Riot having better things to do than create a campaign, i agree. That being said, I stand by my idea of this being good for future use.

Also, i agree, Gent Cho Gath should be the final boss. That is something i can get behind.