Colourblind / Colorblind Mod RED vs BLUE, help needed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AWPLol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2010

I'm red/green colorblind, and i can't begin to tell you how many times i've been killed because of this problem.

It honestly doesn't seem like it would be that much trouble for Riot to put in a small colorblind mode. Red/Blue would be perfect.

Udub

05-26-2010

I'm colorblind as well, and I have ran into a team fight thinking there were 4 green guys (including me) and 2 red ones. Turns out there were 5 red guys and me. One of my teammates proceded to yell, "WHY DO I ALWAYS GET STUCK WITH NOOBS?!?" and quit.

Levyten

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udub View Post
I'm colorblind as well, and I have ran into a team fight thinking there were 4 green guys (including me) and 2 red ones. Turns out there were 5 red guys and me. One of my teammates proceded to yell, "WHY DO I ALWAYS GET STUCK WITH NOOBS?!?" and quit.
please install the small fix, and if u have any problems with it, just write here
I for myself, installed an color fix after the first 3 minutes of gameplay...it was the 3rd game in a row where i had problems related to colours...

ZRoE

06-08-2010

Thanks so much for this!

arnar

06-08-2010

I was just about to post the same thing.. It bothers me a lot, especially when trying to last hit creeps.

I'm not going to install a mod though, I'm just gonna hope Riot comes to their senses!

Mixairian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2010

This is actually kind've cool. I'm not color blind but it's pretty **** handy.

ZRoE

06-08-2010

while this is a nice modification, i find it makes my game freeze for 10 seconds exactly at the beginning of each game. atleast i think its this mod (its the only change ive made to the game). while this normally wouldnt bother me, its kinda annoying when playing shaco and going for golem early.

anyone else experience something similar? anyone know how to fix it?

KillerInstict

06-12-2010

Great suggestions everyone. It would be great to see Riot make this mod an permanent part of the game. I understand the hesitation Riot has to making the entire game CB friendly as some characters colors shouldn't be changed (or the color of their abilities) becuase it somewhat takes away the characters aesthetics. However if Riot made a check box that you can access in game that automatically changes the game to CB friendly colors for your computer thatd be great. That way you wouldn't bother anyone else, wouldn't have to change any characters and wouldn't put an undue burden on someone who is CB that has to reinstall the game every time a patch comes out. Its an easy fix that shows great customer service and shows that Riot cares

Chapp

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidal View Post
I doubt 10% of males are colorblind but good effort and I hope this works out for those who are colorblind.
What an ignorant ****.

I'm colorblind, I used to mod my creeps, healthbars, and minimap, but realized it constantly broke patches. I stopped when I stopped playing as frequently.

It's many more things than just creeps, healthbars, and minimap. Off the top of my head: it's Cho'gath spikes on winter map. It's ally Shaco vs. Clone.

This is something that we, as beta testers, repeatedly brought to Riot's attention. It was submitted as feedback, and there were numerous forum threads about these issues. They were all ignored during the point in the game development when stuff like that is supposed to be ironed out. I seriously hope it gets fixed or addressed some day, in some way. The community has done as much as possible to address these issues, the ball is now in Riot's court.

The least they could do is continue to let us mod, and make it so that our mods don't break the patcher.

Qlio

06-13-2010

there were few threads before, im colorblind too, was having alot problems till i found i can edit healthbars, heres what im using (check attachment).
if you like here is the link http://bandzajus.webs.com/healthbars.tga
Its a bit jagged, but in game looks good. In game pic 2nd attachment.
Put in "...League of Legends\game\DATA\Images" folder.