Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Graphical issues with latest patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Janook

Senior Esports Coordinator

Follow Riot Janook on Twitter

08-25-2011

Do you have "Fast Terrain" turned on?

MoonSideUpEggs

08-25-2011

i didnt but i just tried turning it on/off and it didnt chang anything

yenic

08-26-2011

As a note, I was using the Automatic settings before (it was never set on Low for shadows) when I had the issue pop up for me.
The only changes I made was to benchmark mode and turned vsync off, because in recent Catalyst releases (somewhere after 10.6), my game performance was slowing in large teamfights with vsync on. In 10.6, I never experienced the larger slowdowns with vsync on.

Arlee

08-26-2011

Yep somethings wrong. I can't get my particles to stop blocking up. Very hard to play when Aniva ulti is bright blue and a square shape! Tried everything you guys said in here. Not working! HD4890 never had any problems before the patch.

Edit1: Ok... so particles on Skarner Q... are just a bunch of blue squares. But when in combat (autohit a minion) my Q particle is back to normal. Not sure if this will help. But enemy Aniva ulti is always a huge blue square. Can someone else confirm this so I know it's not just my PC.

Teiresius

Recruiter

08-26-2011

I also have this problem, and tried to reinstall the game to fix it, and there were no issues with the first game I played but as soon as I played the second game and any game after I had issues again.

Sugaar

Recruiter

08-26-2011

i solved this problem altabing many times until i can see champions again.

i got HD5670

EDIT: This method did'nt work anymore

TeenWolfToo

08-26-2011

All of my particle/lighting effects appear as blue squares as well. I have tried changing the shadow/vsync/fast terrain settings nothing is working.

geforce 9800gtx+
driver version8.17.12.7533

Sugaar

Recruiter

08-27-2011

I Got this problem.

http://i53.tinypic.com/o8aveg.jpg

Rajondo9

08-28-2011

Before the mini-update i did not have problems but ever since i updated it on friday night my graphics have been all messed up. Its definitely not a graphics card problem b/c i can run other games just fine.

SOBRAVE STAR

08-29-2011

I'm having problems too. Two 4870s in Crossfire. Doesn't matter if xfire is enabled or not, I get flicking lines across the screen, like an old TV that's going out.

I fixed it by running it in a window, but I only get 80fps instead of 180fps and it's discouraging.