Dominion will be horrible in solo queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aametherar

08-24-2011

Agreed with OP unless they give bonus XP/IP for capping points.

RealMithron

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
Agreed with OP unless they give bonus XP/IP for capping points.
Your XP/IP is determined by your score. And by score I don't mean your K/D/A, but rather how useful you were in the match, which does include capping points, as well as simply defending them.

InVaSiOnArY

08-25-2011

Is the reward for killing opponents heros very high? Cause that could be the deciding factor on if the community plays the game as a capture the flag type game as apposed to a run around and try to gank everyone you can type of game.

rumples

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWWWWWWWWWWWORP View Post
Is the reward for killing opponents heros very high? Cause that could be the deciding factor on if the community plays the game as a capture the flag type game as apposed to a run around and try to gank everyone you can type of game.
nah its fairly negligible

AoXoA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

Actually more often than not solo q'ers do teamwork quite often. Of course its not going to be on par as a 5 person premade but those 5 people usually are on vent and practice alot.

Of course there will be the people who don't want to work as a group but thats normal.

Calipup

08-25-2011

Bump

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

Quote:
I don't see how Dominion is going to any more prone to bad teammates ruining your game than does SR. At least in Dom basic concepts of the game won't be left completely unexplained like only last-hitting and not pushing lanes are in SR.
Exactly! Those who are not already familiar with this genera, it can be tricky to get into. I remember when I first played the DotA mod for Warcraft III. The strategy was(is) so counter intuitive compared to other RTS games I've played.

Quote:
^this except you dont have to suffer their bull**** for 50 minutes
This is another facet of Dominion that's appealing. Just about the time in Summoner's Rift when you have the best player on the team raging like a mad man at the team "feeder", arguing whether or not to surrender at 20, a game of Dominion will be about over.

It looks like in this new style of play, "feeding" won't be as detrimental to the team as it is in Summoner's rift. Prehaps a little less rage, and not so much of the "slippery-slope" effect. If this game mode is everything I hope it is, I can't imagine ever playing Summoner's again except to cleanse the pallet once in a while.

Dreampod

08-25-2011

Honestly I think that it will be BETTER than Summoner's Rift for solo queue. On SR if you've got one or two players that are off doing their own thing when you are trying to teamfight or go after objectives and the other team doesn't you are going to lose and then the enemy team is snowballing and you'll lose again and again. On Crystal Scar if they are off doing their own thing and not working with the rest of the team it is inferior to them working with the team but at least they are still contributing by capturing points and killing enemies (or at least distracting them). As well because the game focuses more on small skirmishes and controlling points a bad player isn't necessarily going to lose you the match because you can still carry to a great extent unlike SR. Lastly the rewards for killing someone and death penalties are significantly reduced so players who die repeatedly are going to not feed the enemy into an unstoppable killing machine that roles over your team (or at least to a lesser extent).

Fluffdelgato

08-25-2011

yeah itl be fun. il grab eve and become a ***** by running around capturing points and if they chace il stealth then zoom in do like 600 damage and run back out.