Dominion will be horrible in solo queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calipup

08-24-2011

Much teamwork will be needed for dominion, and with this terrible community, teamwork isn't going to happen. Already in Summoners Rift people don't play as a team.

The only way some people and I will play Dominion is if they have a full premade party.

It's kind of like Domination or Headquarters in COD. In COD, all people do is screw off the objective and try to kill everyone they see. This is so aggravating, and I expect the same to happen in Dominion.

TL;DR Solo queue Dominion will be terrible, full pre-made Dominion has potential to be wonderful.

choochoochooo

08-24-2011

IT's going to be a lot like lets all randomly cap open points and **** the team. BUt EVERYONE WILL DO THAT SO IT WILL BE ONE MASSIVE EPIC BATTLE RAGING FOR 25 MINUTES. what's not to love?!

Captain Odysseus

08-24-2011

lol diminon does not have ranked.. so no solo Q and if its ur talking about Q'ing alone then it wont matter cuz elo is not a factor and its just for fun

Calipup

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trithon View Post
lol diminon does not have ranked.. so no solo Q and if its ur talking about Q'ing alone then it wont matter cuz elo is not a factor and its just for fun
Normal Solo Queue.

Just saying that it won't be fun when your teammates won't play the objective.

TehJesterr

08-24-2011

And they intend on implementing ranked solo queue eventually

Lusis

08-24-2011

I don't see how Dominion is going to any more prone to bad teammates ruining your game than does SR. At least in Dom basic concepts of the game won't be left completely unexplained like only last-hitting and not pushing lanes are in SR.

omegabakon

08-24-2011

im one of those people who just runs around and kills people in domination and headquarters in COD. but hey, you know what? it actually helps my team cuz then the other team has to keep respawning and starting far away from the objective

Calipup

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegabakon View Post
im one of those people who just runs around and kills people in domination and headquarters in COD. but hey, you know what? it actually helps my team cuz then the other team has to keep respawning and starting far away from the objective
6 player team

5 players that think just like you. Think they're hot stuff and appoint them as slayer for the team.

1 player actually plays objective.

Team loses game since they never captured the objective.

You really only need 2/6 people actually trying to go out and kill people.

rumples

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusis View Post
I don't see how Dominion is going to any more prone to bad teammates ruining your game than does SR. At least in Dom basic concepts of the game won't be left completely unexplained like only last-hitting and not pushing lanes are in SR.
^this except you dont have to suffer their bull**** for 50 minutes

RealMithron

08-24-2011

The only thing that requires more team effort in Dominion than SR is that in Dominion, capturing points is based simply on a set amount of channel time further based on if you have any channel speed items, or minions. It is not based on your attack speed or attack damage, so that to quickly gain points against a good team as a solo player might potentially be harder than in SR.

And... that's about it. SR is almost all about teamwork and 5vs5 team fights, Dominion is about small fights of only 1 or 2 people most of the time. It's rare that all 5 team members are ever together at any one point, so I feel like that Dominion will be 10000000000x better for solo queue than SR. That's not to say that it's the holy savior of LoL that pushes this away from RTS team based into more, better, action MMORPG solo individual skill based game mode, but it's definitely a great step in the right direction.