[Guide] Akali Battery

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SharpCheddarChee

10-22-2010

I think that akali is one of the best champions in the game, but takes a great amount of skill to initiate fights and survive through the whole battle. Akali is one of the only champions that has the ability to fight multiple enemies at the same time, while taking little to no damage from any of them. Item builds can differ, but hexatech is a must.

Medullaris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikhan View Post
You are forgetting Q which does most of your burst damage, R and E do about the same amount combined single target. Only in large Aoe situations all the time (doesn't happen) could E come close but, then it is very situational. Also in order to be using and spamming your E for any amount of time you have to be spamming Q first.

I don't personally sit around auto attacking much either and only last hit for the most part early. So my auto attacks are limited also. Most of your damage out put period is physical. So you get more from Armour pen then Magic pen. Also Armour pen helps against towers and once you have Rageblade and another damage item you do good damage against towers. So why not beef up your damage in a more productive way.
Autoattack and E do physical damage. That's it.

You're seeing high % of physical damage from farming mobs. 90% of Akali's damage to other champs is magical.

Medullaris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpCheddarChee View Post
I think that akali is one of the best champions in the game, but takes a great amount of skill to initiate fights and survive through the whole battle. Akali is one of the only champions that has the ability to fight multiple enemies at the same time, while taking little to no damage from any of them. Item builds can differ, but hexatech is a must.
She's extremely fun to play but she gets shut down easily by good teams. She also depends on having a good team (especially good tanks) around her.

Raunchyyy

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medullaris View Post
She's extremely fun to play but she gets shut down easily by good teams. She also depends on having a good team (especially good tanks) around her.
Isn't that with any carry though? (Unless they build tanky)

GloryBox

01-08-2011

I personally like my runes as such-

Red
2 flat attack damage
1 scaling damage ( only need 2 damage- this is the best combination via red)
6 Spell pen
Yellow
9 dodge
Blue
9 Scaling ap
Quint
2 Flat Ap
1 Scaling ( i find this offers a good balance for quints. I beleive akali benefits most from AP, MS or flat health quints)

Masteries 10/19/1
Summoner Spells ghost/ignite

Starting with dorans blade+potion

I find this offers a large starting burst with a little bit of survivability, allowing for easy level 1-3 kills. At level 3 you have 27 Ap with the ignite mastery. this also allows for significant regen via spell vamp and the negligible dorans. I find i can easily farm till level 7-8 without having to go back once.

from here you must judge which first item you benefit most from. I beleive in few core builds.
Rageblade, lichbane,zhonyas, cap, rylais, soulstealer, gunblade, veil, GA are all great picks.
personally i like Dorans>boots(2 or 3)>lichbane> gunblade>rylais>cap

king2of doom

02-06-2011

Disreguard this post.

Kikhan

02-15-2011

Made some changes on the item list accounting for Zhonya item split and removing Haunting Guise as it has not been a really viable option for months now.

I have not updated values on runes as it seems Riot is continuing to play with how they want them.

Unfortunately I haven't played Akali much in a couple of months so there could be some major errors that I do not know about. I have been forced to tank a lot in the last few months so my Akali skills would probably be abysmal right now.