Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Akali Battery

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kikhan

05-19-2010

I have fought against a ton of Akali's using sheen and I beat them all time and again. I just find the extra health wins me more fights then the extra damage. As I stated its viable just not my preference as I find the staying power is more valuable. I still kill tanks end game and no one gets away. So blindly saying I am bad is silly especially if you don't at least give it a try.

Plus even if you don't like the build; the tactics and strategy part is useful for any new player to Akali giving the guide value anyways.

Freebirdfood

05-19-2010

You know your **** man.

Definitely going to follow this guide to the last period.

MacanTSaoir

05-19-2010

No, its about filling your Niche properly. Akali = Rikki v2.0, if ur having problems ganking early because you dont have enough survivability one of two things has occured. Ur runes are wrong, or you dont use smoke properly.

Kikhan

05-19-2010

The survivability is for mid game small group fights and building for end game team fights. Inherently some Champs hurt more so sometimes it helps with the buffer against them. Runes are not the end all be all for survival. Smoke has a long cd so it is usually only useful once per fight unless you have CDR then u might get it twice begining and ending of a fight. I do not think that using it right at first is always the best option. Smoke costs a lot of energy using up half of it. If you AOE b4 using Q to regen you are effectively useless with little to no energy for anything else.

If your ganking early (level 6ish I am assuming what you mean) the only thing smoke should be used for is slowing their escape so yes survivability is a moot point in that context.

I am editing small things through out the guide today so some changes might be noticed.

Klaste

Recruiter

05-19-2010

Just commenting on the runes build... but what if you took Phreak's build, but instead of HP quints sub in two AP quints, then get full AP glyphs.. this would bring you up to 18.81 AP.. then grab the .3 AP per level masteries. This should get you the magic damage passive by level 4, also allowing you to buy a doran's blade, get 120 HP and also start with the spellvamp passive (plus the minor lifesteal). Just an idea.

Alternatively you could use two AP marks and start with the magic bonus damage at level 1.

Also, by the way, Rally doesn't heal anymore, which is why you are bursting through the regen so easy. They changed rally before they released Akali.

Kikhan

05-20-2010

Hmm that sounds pretty intriguing I'll look into it see how I like it. In general though I am not a big fan of buying something I intend to sell later. Originally when I was looking at the AP side of things it seemed like to much of a sacrifice to do it, with damage being easier to achieve.

I thought they got rid of the party heal but kept the self heal on rally, my bad. I will adjust my statement then.

facepalm26

05-26-2010

Looking at your runes, I'd say change your armor pen to magic pen as 90% of akali's damage is magical, but that's just me.

Kikhan

05-26-2010

Check your end game stats most of your damage output is physical do to Q. E and R are much more influenced by magic but, overall throughout the game they do not do as much damage.
It comes out like the other hybrid's that have been released recently like Ez. Generally your stats end game will be 4or5:1 ratio of physical vs magic damage.

Anyhow as I have on there ignore the rune part for now I am still playing with things. As well as waiting for this patch to see how things are changed in game play.

Sylv

05-26-2010

Physical damage comes out on top of course cause you spend so much time autoattacking mobs...

I know for a fact that my abilities do like 75%+ of my damage to heros as I rarely autoattack more then 3-4 times in a fight unless its just the two of us standing there hitting eachother and im winning anyways.

Kikhan

05-27-2010

You are forgetting Q which does most of your burst damage, R and E do about the same amount combined single target. Only in large Aoe situations all the time (doesn't happen) could E come close but, then it is very situational. Also in order to be using and spamming your E for any amount of time you have to be spamming Q first.

I don't personally sit around auto attacking much either and only last hit for the most part early. So my auto attacks are limited also. Most of your damage out put period is physical. So you get more from Armour pen then Magic pen. Also Armour pen helps against towers and once you have Rageblade and another damage item you do good damage against towers. So why not beef up your damage in a more productive way.