[Guide] Akali Battery

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EcoEco

Recruiter

05-16-2010

I completely disagree with the guy that completely disagree about your skill build. I believe Akali should NOT have a set way of building her skills.

I believe it depends on who she is laning against. If its someone like Ryze which can snare and deal a lot of damage to you, would you really want to risk going into melee range to use your E? I wouldn't even if I can get 3 kills from using it once, I might've lost 25% or so of my health. If you're laning against someone like Master Yi, you can live with a hit or two from him because his is just melee attacks or Alpha strike which is considerably weaker than a Ryze's Snare combo.

Just my opinion, Akali is a ninja and also an assassin (spelling mistake?) so I don't really think she should run into a team fight. As in a group of people so that her E can deal more damage. I believe its better for her to pick on someone at the side of the team fight or behind. Like sniping off a mage or dps. In that case I think having Q in a few ranks other than 1 is better. You'll do really good burst damage since its magical NOT physical. And at level 6, I'm often able to get a kill or assist right when I reach it with the help of my laning partner. E is nice for the short cooldown and farming ability but the amount of burst damage it deals is not as much as Q, imo. Because E is more item dependent while Q isn't.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

I certainly do not ignore E(Crescent Slash) I just don't level it to 5 first. My main issue is the energy consumption. Secondary to that if you are pushed to your tower you will get a minion kill and then half several other minions. This allows the tower to one shot those minions which is a net loss in gold. Also the cd is longer on E and eventually u will run out of energy. So Q regens your energy and keeps you going longer as well as hitting more. Also the burst is alot higher all these arguements are made in the guide. This is my opinion and your are free to disagree.

Siky

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoheeD View Post
I completely disagree with your skill build. Crescent Strike is WAY BETTER for farming than Q. I would much rather level crescent strike as my main skill than mark. Not only is it INSTANT, but the damage is dealt in one blow instead of two. Not to mention it's an area of effect skill allowing you to farm twice as fast. It's way better in team fights too.
Q does a lot more damage, even though it requires you to follow up. Also Akali dies very easily if you jump into the middle of a pile-up. With Akali, she has an Ult that blinks her to an opponent while doing damage and since you can do that 3 times, what better job is it than to target the ranged DPS out of the fight? They drop low and they run, but the problem is when they're loaded and they decide to come back in like 3-4 seconds to finish off or support their front line. There are many ranged casters that can step off and let their tanks do their job and then just pop back in and turn the entire fight around.

Akali shouldn't be fighting tanky characters anyways unless there is no other target and E does less damage to single targets. E is the best farming tool you have, but you need Q more than E so Q always gets maxed first. E is next, but people will maybe put maybe 2 levels into W before maxing E.

Godrek

05-16-2010

I don't understand how full reds of + AD + an AD Quint + the +3 dmg from offensive masteries gives you the passive... .32x9 = 2.88 + 2.25 = 5.13 + 3 = 8.13. Unless Havoc factors into your bonus damage instead of boosting your output like I originally thought it did...

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

Hmm good point I was just going off what other people said. I thought it was 4 damage off one Quint so rough estimate it worked in my mind. In that case it would require 2 red Quints. Did it used to be 4 damage roughly and they changed it or was I mixing another stat in my mind?

I had another round of runes to buy. So I might just change what I had in mind to buy specifically to figure this out and adjust the Guide. As I still see getting both the passives as an advantage at level 1.

JohnCataldo

05-17-2010

I tend to go for lots of AP early game (I get 17 AP at level 1 without items, at level 2 I break 20), which makes Crescent Slash fine to level up and use during laning to farm, though I certainly still start with Q at level 1 for last hitting.

I'd also usually rather do more AoE damage in a teamfight, though this depends on who else is on my team. You should figure out if you are on a spike or AoE team. If the rest of your team is Fiddle/Amumu/Nunu/Twitch, you probably want to join in the AoE fun because you win teamfights by knocking the entire enemy team down at once, even though it may take a few more hits to kill a single player they won't have anyone else who can afford to stick around except their tank. If the rest of your team is a bunch of stunners/rooters or otherwise excel at single targets (Ashe or most physical DPS, Sion, Taric, etc.) you want to be able to focus a single target down as fast as possible to turn the fight into a 5v4.

Kikhan

05-17-2010

Just going to post a rough comparison between Phreak's build that everyone is cookie cutting after and what it would take to get both passives active at level1. So that I can place the info that i can reference and redo the rune part of the guide.

Phreak build add in dorian's blade for dmg/steal for survivablillty and getting dmg passive
9 red 17.64 armour pen
9 yellow 6.8% dodge
9 blue CDR not sure number off hand not really important for my needs atm
1 dmg Quint 2.25 dmg and 2 HP Quint 64.8 HP

Build to get both passives at level 1 with buying tome at the start
9 red dmg 2.88 dmg
9 yellow dodge 6.8% dodge
9 blue of choice
2 dmg Quint 4.5 dmg and one HP Quint 32.4 HP

both would use 3 damage from masteries

I will finish the redo in a couple of days I after I get some play time with it.

Kikhan

05-17-2010

Belay my last on the first part of what this used to say. I did something wrong originally and now have it set right and can have both passives at level 1.

The rune system is going to change soon but, I will update the guide with these new findings. I will not bother really changing the rune set up till after the rune changes go into affect.

I keep making little changes here and there. I forgot about cleanse so added that to the summoner spells.

josh94

05-19-2010

Love your build. I am pretty sure this would work out. only one way to find out

MacanTSaoir

05-19-2010

you dont like sheen? its not in your normal build? you're bad right off the bat and this guide is null and void. Q+Sheen is gg, Q+LichB is ggx2.