So i just won a game, broke 1k AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlsGoDieThx

05-16-2010

It was 78 minutes long. I was karthus and killed 548 creeps. I had 3x archangel staffs, a zhyona ring, a void staff, and a gaurdian angel.

Basically we started out winning then our twitch DC'ed so we went to defense mode for 30 minutes until he came back, at which point all three of our inhibs were gone and I stayed in base AoE'ing creeps as fast as i could. Every time the team tried to push i would pop R and nuke them all for ~1k as the team fight was starting and we would ace them, over and over and over until we pushed and won.

I had the chance to buy (among several other builds) 4x archangel, 1x zhyona and a void staff for a wopping 1010 AP. I nuked two of their players from half health to dead. =D.

Anyways. It was an epic game. Time to play another.

EDIT: Somebody asked for the picture. I don't have the end game results but I do have the screenshot of the game on my summoner profile...

tailspeeder

05-16-2010

Did you mean to post your diary on the internet?

MedievalCoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

Don't you get more AP if you just stack Z rings instead of Archangels?

Neplusultra

05-16-2010

You only get the % bonus once, and while Zhonya's has more base AP, with the recent change to Archangels I'm sure it compares once fully stacked.

MedievalCoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neplusultra View Post
You only get the % bonus once, and while Zhonya's has more base AP, with the recent change to Archangels I'm sure it compares once fully stacked.
Could we get a math wiz to come in this thread and do the math? See which one gives more AP.

P.S. I know the % is only once.

So was it 1 Z ring + 3 Archangels vs 4 Z rings.

Archangels does offer mana though.

Shakra

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedievalCoke View Post
Could we get a math wiz to come in this thread and do the math? See which one gives more AP.

P.S. I know the % is only once.

So was it 1 Z ring + 3 Archangels vs 4 Z rings.

Archangels does offer mana though.
Archangel's Staff

+400 Mana +25 Mana Regen per 5 sec +45 Ability Power Passive: 2.5% of your Max Mana is converted to Ability Power. UNIQUE Passive: Each time your Champion uses an Ability their Maximum Mana will increase by 4 Mana. This effect has a 3 second cooldown. Bonus caps at 1000 mana.

the 2.5% is a passive, not a unique passive so it does work multiple times

Neplusultra

05-16-2010

Mana isn't much of an issue late game, it could help keep defile up constant, but he didn't have boots or a rylais so defile wouldn't do much anyways... Defile is the aoe tick spell right?

MedievalCoke

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakra View Post
Archangel's Staff

+400 Mana +25 Mana Regen per 5 sec +45 Ability Power Passive: 2.5% of your Max Mana is converted to Ability Power. UNIQUE Passive: Each time your Champion uses an Ability their Maximum Mana will increase by 4 Mana. This effect has a 3 second cooldown. Bonus caps at 1000 mana.

the 2.5% is a passive, not a unique passive so it does work multiple times

If you check who I was quoting you'll see that I told him I know the Z ring % bonus only applies once. I know the Archangel stacks.

Belgskuh

05-16-2010

No offense but those enemies must have been rly dumb for not getting a banshees veil lol

Neplusultra

05-16-2010

Ouch, the problem is that the bonus mana doesn't stack. The first archangel would give you 80 AP total once maxed, not including your base mana. The other two would only give 55 AP each.

EDIT:
according to leaguecraft, 18 kart with no masteries or runes:

3x archangel, 1 zhonyas, 1 void = 673.85 AP, 3.5k mana
1x archangel, 3x zhonyas, 1 void = 662.95 AP, 2.8k mana
4x zhonyas, 1 void = 687.5 AP, but only 1.4k mana