Kalamanda Intruder's Note

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillTheLawyer

11-21-2011

Not sure if anyone noticed this yet. Forgive me if it has already been posted.

The last part of the note left in kalamanda :
Quarter to Clutter - 908 (opal market)

The craziness that happened in the Ivory ward (opal market) in JoJ issue 28. While the JoJ issue was for the 12th of September, the article says the incident happened the previous thursday (8 September.)

^All this : Quarter to Clutter - 908 (opal market) = Jarvan IV being moved to "?" ,September 8 , Ivory Ward.

The other hidden message in the article "the black rose has been compromised" may indicate that someone intercepted their prisoner's relocation. Someone else may have possession of the Demacian prince, now. o.O

**EDIT** Wrote that up over lunch and didn't have time to include a few more pieces **EDIT**
Two more items of note that each beg their own set of questions:

1.The note in Kalamanda was left their in August. Soooooo, whoever left it had inside information on what was going down in September.

2. "Jarvan IV" returned to Demacia, or did he? The prince returned home with two hooded prisoners and shunned away garen when he stepped forward to assist. Now, does this mean Jarvan was released after that debacle in the Ivory ward or is this still LeBlanc running around with a Jarvan mask on?

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2011

Ahh the mistery... remember those days where like EVERY SINGLE time you entered here you could find awesome posts about theories related to the JoJ that had been released 2 weeks ago at the most? Those were nice days ^^

KillTheLawyer

11-21-2011

Haha, yeah I know I'm a little late joining the game. Unfortunately we haven't seen any new JoJ lately.

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2011

Nope... so sad

Jaykoboy

11-21-2011

Have I marked this with my signature? Just to double-check:

-Jaykoboy-

There, now I can find it whenever.

MajesticRaven

11-21-2011

I'll post in response to that top post.

Quarter Egress is generally agreed that it was Jarvan's movement out of Kalamanda, or at least to a different / whatever location.

Quarter to Clutter, in my opinion, was his movement to Noxus, as their political affairs were in quite a clutter, and the entire city-state was in a weird situation.

Now: The Black Rose Has Been Compromised in my opinion was just referring to the Kalamanda intruder note, letting any forces who caught it know that someone had managed to get into their ranks and was leaking information.

The person who had the information (Since it was early and all) most likely just came across an agenda, or was told of the plan ahead of time, and was able to set it up.

It is in my opinion that during the destruction of the Ivory Ward, that Jarvan was broken out by Katarina and Du Couteau's forces, what with the information being leaked, and that the individual mentioned named Vexus Nirac was involved in the escape of Jarvan IV, as he is suddenly wanted all across Noxus (Since the Black Rose seems to be a dominant power, Vexus must've down something to royally piss off the Black Rose).

Following that I believe Katarina and Vexus are the two prisoners being brought in, not as prisoners, but as individuals to be given a safe haven since, well, all of Noxus (at least the portion controlled by the Black Rose) is out to get them.

ReaverKing

12-01-2011

What we have here strikes me as a Code Geass situation:

An elaborate maneuver of military and political power, and above all else INFORMATION in order for a young disgraced Prince to put himself on the throne.

You'll have to correct my details but I believe I can sum up the broad strokes.

Our story begins with a duel. As it should. Two men vie for control of the city-state Noxus, left in disarray following the last Rune war. It's military regent Boram Darkwill, and his subordinate, Zariv Raedsel. Raedsel insisted on having his men fight him before allowing them to serve under him, killing any man who could not at least wound him. Raedsel was ruthless, cunning and a military genius. But he was no match for Boram Darkwill in personal combat. Then why would such a gifted strategist allow himself to die ignobly and be remembered as a fool whose reach exceeded his grasp.

Why indeed...

IT WAS A DIVERSION!

For you see Raedsel had a lover, a woman once named Lilith (see Ryze's Judgement). Lilith held in her possession the magic by which one can receive immortality. Magic spells which allow the caster to absorb the memories, nay the very soul of another into themselves (see LeBlanc's Judgement)...

Fortunately for Raedsel, he had recently participated in a battle which successfully captured the young heir of Demacia Jarvan IV. Using these rituals Raedsel effectively "copied" himself into young Jarvan's mind and allowed him to be rescued by Garen at a critical moment by withdrawing a portion of his forces from the battle, and then days, weeks, or even years later, walks gladly to his death....

Ten years pass. Lilith, foresaking her name and adopting the title of "Le Blanc" constructs a secret society within the magic and political spheres of Noxus known as the "Black Rose". Jarvan IV meanwhile is a broken young man, his features dark and his lust of battle borders on the immoral. Seeking greater and greater prey, he eventually leads a hunting expedition South of the Great Barrier and vanishes...

A short time later, a mysterious and gifted warrior by the name of Jericho Swain begins a meteoric rise through the ranks of the Noxian military with superiors left and right requesting demotion to serve under him. No doubt this is the origin of the "black thorn" military arm of the Black Rose. In English the meaning of "Swain" can be taken as: "country lad", "young lover" or "country gallant" (gallant: chivalrous man). Oh, and ANYONE can fake a limp.

Ten more years pass. Jarvan IV returns to Demacia with great fanfare and immediately begins training a new cadre of soldiers, only accepting those who score a blow against his armour, and requests to join the League of Legends, as does Jericho Swain and LeBlanc. Even with all the knowledge and planning that Lilith had at her disposal there is NO WAY the League could have missed such intense Machiavellian ambitions. Yet all "three" were allowed to compete and no mention of this was said.

Following the Debacle at Kalamanda where Jericho Swain and Jarvan the IV (actually Le Blanc in disguise) nearly started a war, Darkwill was forced to leave the protection of Noxus where his bodyguard discovered their original commander alive and well, and immediately fell upon Darkwill and his retinue, producing additional corpses to prevent further investigation.

Now Swain's right Raven's foot Talon and the Crimson Elite arrive to clean up any "loose ends", eventually leading to Jarvan IV (likely Le Blanc in disguise) bringing two unknown prisoners (likely "Swain" and Katarina Des Coteau) before Jarvan III of Demacia....

As it stands, that likely means that Jericho Swain, interim leader of Noxus, is secretly inhabiting hte body of the heir to the throne of Demacia and is meeting for talks with the King of Demacia behind closed doors with the leaders of the other two principle factions within Noxus.

There you have it folks, Zariv Raedsel has just conquered Demacia and Noxus by feeding!

EDIT: Oh, and the League was complicit with this coup on at least some level. This brings renewed questions about who the mysterious "Reginald Ashram" is or was and how much power Swain truly wields).

EDIT2: I have already found evidence that indicates Swain perpetrated the capture of Jarvan IV. Whether this means Raedsel survived the duel with Darkwill by foresaking his name and title is unknown but Raedsel, Swain, and Jarvan IV are all somehow connected with one another.

TheNarvalOfDeath

12-02-2011

Good and fresh theory but the Raedsel incident occured lots of year ago i think... much more than ten years and probably longe before J4 was born.

Or may be im wrong O_O

ReaverKing

12-02-2011

Well, assuming Boram Darkwill is immortal (Eternal General), that's probably definitely the case.

I did notice that the very first JoJ issue contains references to Kalamanda, so it seems likely that the reason there are no new Articles is that the current "story arc" is finished.

If it is one of those "ARG" type of situations, all game lore produced during that period (13 July 2010 to 30 September 2011 inclusive) should be re-examined holistically for clues to the various subplots seeded in the JoJ.

I've caught other references (like that Jericho Swain's face is notoriously mask-like) that hold up the basic theory. Jarvan IV, Jericho Swain, Emillia LeBlanc (I guess it either wasn't a title or it's "Trill" shenanigans), Talon (or Katarina), Shaco and General DeCoteau are all somehow involved in a complex or series of events leading to a coup of Noxus and/or Demacia. Swain's plans and ambitions are discussed openly in his Judgement.

There is also a second (seemingly dropped) subplot regarding piracy and Gangplank, MIss Fortune, Katarina, Kayle, and others that indicates issues brewing between Demacia and Bilgewater. Then there's smaller recurring stories like the affair between Eve and TF, Gragas' growing business empire, and Janna's leaked "Budoir" photos.

...Yet Graves still came out of nowhere and TF's back-story has been at least partially rewritten to include him. A backstory that includes a man being "infused" with magical ability where none previously existed. But i digress...

AJL

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skribbles View Post
This is a fun thread.
Fun? More like mind blowing. Keep it up guys!