Just a thoug....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JAES99

Recruiter

08-12-2013

I think that the main lore of LOL is acctually based on the Cold War.
Noxus(Capitalism)
Demacia(Communism)
League of Legends(UN)

IceHound

08-12-2013

Can you explain your reasoning? I get how the IoW is suppose to act as the UN however Noxus being capitalism doesn't really make sense in my head...

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2013

I think OP is referring to the amount of freedom in Noxus. Anyone can make themselves successful --as long as they are strong.

IceHound

08-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicFrogNinja View Post
I think OP is referring to the amount of freedom in Noxus. Anyone can make themselves successful --as long as they are strong.
Oh, I see.

PS, OP please don't copy-paste your threads.

JAES99

Recruiter

08-12-2013

Sorry about the copy and paste, I'm a first time poster so I didn't know my post had been published.

Noxus law is the strongest law so who has more power will be more successfull. In capitalism people who are more prepared for a job or has more money are the strongest people and will be more successfull.

Money=power

Jikker

08-12-2013

And according to recent lore with Frejlord, it appears that the Institute of War is failing to keep complete peace just like current UN.

My big question is where do the other city-states fit into this concept? Noxus and Demacia are only one piece.

JAES99

Recruiter

08-13-2013

I didn't really though about the other city-states, but maybe Ionia is Vietnam and the invasion of Noxus is like the vietnam war. Zaun may stand for Latin America because of the unchecked industry, free spireted people, pollution, the variety of eccentric itens in the shops ,and the fact that some say the city-state is run more like a corporate business with no restraints rather than a society of law and order.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2013

I always thought the different city-states just represented different government philosophies.

Noxus -Capitalist Aristarchy (governed by the best/strongest)
Demacia - Authoritarian Monarchy (governed by kings/judges)
Ionia -Conservative Philosophocracy (governed by traditional philosophy)
Zaun -Anarchist Technocracy (controlled by science, no rules)
Piltover -Liberal Technocracy (controlled by science, open rules)
Bilgewater -Anarchist Kleptocracy (controlled by thieves, no rules)
Freljord -Tribal Chiefdom (controlled by local tribal leaders)
Bandle City -Not sure.