Champs in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obscurity22

08-24-2011

Okay so I get that some champs are just better then others, so who will be more useful in Dominion?

Doctor drOOg

08-24-2011

I main heimerdinger and I am excited to see his defensive abilities in dominion. I feel like he is one of those characters that will work perfectly on this map.

James Slaughter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

I think nidalee will be good
she can hit people through walls with her spears to prevent capture.
she can lay down traps that provide vision
she can heal so she will be nice and sustained
her ult increases run speed speed, no mana cost so more sustainability. good farming also.

Diogennes

08-24-2011

Durable champs with anti-attrition built in. These are the ones that may end up being considered OP.

It was mentioned that the addition of health shrines was designed to specifially counter their large advantage. It is likely this won't be sufficient. Especially since the durable champ can use it too.
So a list of such champs might look like, from MORE likely to only POSSIBLY:
Mundo
Garen
Blitzcrank (i'm biased, but I really think so)
Fiddlesticks
Gangplank
Irelia
Vlad
Mordekaiser
Warwick
Nunu
Nasus
Swain
Nidalee

I can't comment about stealth champs or healer supports, but i'm sure they'll have some kind of useful niche. Karma might become popular on this new map because her kit seems built for it (Harrass, sheilds, aoe heals, speed buff/debuff).
Heimer will obviously have a strong role as well.
I want to put some emphasis on how terribly OP Mundo is gonna be. While mundo is widely considered to be crappy at reasonable levels of play on SR, he is an absolute beast on TT because he is great in small fights and skirmishes. Cleaver is a low CD, Decent damage, long-range poke. His ultimate gives him bonus speed and puts him back in the game, it is also on a fairly low CD.
If you've played 3v3s you know what Mundo is gonna look like in Dominion.

Twilight Monkey

08-24-2011

Renekton will be great, is slash and dice+ruthless predator combo gives good movement and provides him a good ganking and counter ganking ability.

I'm afraid that champs who are based on farming creeps (Nasus+Veigar) will be at serious disavantage: beginning at Lvl 3 and the overall game setting gives them far less time to boost their Q before it matters

On the other hand, Tryn might be favored because this cuts his weak levels by half before he can get his ult.

Pantheon might also be good: I believe the map may give him a logistic advantage for his ult.

DuckOfOregon

08-24-2011

Garen looks like the best I've seen so far; I'm thinking Panth will be good too, maybe even Eve (dat lvl 3 burst on squishy)

MuttinChops

08-24-2011

Im not too sure Swain will do well in Dominion. For Swain to sustain extremely well in a map he needs to last hit EVERY mob for the mana. His ulti drains that mana quicker than he can get it. Sure he can harass like a boss but his 3 move combo takes about half of his mana at low levels. He will be rather debatable.

Yaezakura

08-24-2011

Champions controlled by players who actually know what they're doing will almost certainly perform better than champions controlled by drooling idiots.

Just a hunch.

Sky Sanctum

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaezakura View Post
Champions controlled by players who actually know what they're doing will almost certainly perform better than champions controlled by drooling idiots.

Just a hunch.
SHHHH. Most people don't know that golden rule yet. FFS don't give anything away!

RubenPanzerfaust

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaezakura View Post

Just a hunch.
... I've been looking at this game all wrong. Thank you for telling me this.