Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide]Tryndamere, 1.5k dmg per sec

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

05-16-2010

People bashing 2-3 Avarice blades have CLEARLY never played Tryndamere.

If you can't crit on Trynd you cannot do anything. Period. No Q stacks. No surviving 1V1 fights. No jungling.

And it isn't like you keep them until late-game. You sell them, and by the time you've sold them they've DEFINITELY paid themselves off.

Ghost blade is a luxury item.

After IE; IF you're doing well. Otherwise you would get ZEAL; or LIFESTEAL.

This is a good guide however I would stick to side lanes with Tryndmaere and take Mocking Shout first for level 1 fights.

BonkFever

05-16-2010

I agree with Bellicus on almost all of his points.

I like Exuast + Cleanse. Cleanse is must, and Exuast is better for being aggressive than anything else early game and can really save you or a teammate all game round.)

The things I don't agree with, are that you should not solomid usually, because the common Ashe, Twisted Fate, Karthus, ect. ect. is better at it and theier ults are more important for getting first overall.

Also, with no lane buddy, a Tryndamere must play very well getting last hits and not taking damage. You're a mid, and if you die, it's like feedingx2 because then mid will be uncontested unless a side lane replaces you quickly with teleport or something.

Also, I don't like getting more than 2 Avarice blades, and I usually just get 1. Because getting attack speed, boots, and crit% is more important to not make you severly gimped all the way until lv 10-ish. My build is usually:

Brawlers+2HPpot (this seems to be a very common start)
Brawlers ---> Avarice + Zeal
Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads (do NOT get Zerker grieves)
-Start buying Elixers of Agility-
Build Infinity Edge (either B.F. Sword or Cloak 1st, Pick last always)
Malady for the lifesteal and 50% atk speed
Last Whisper if they have tanks, or Zeal ---> Phantom Dancer if you've got the Cash

Then, well... whatever you want, sell the avarice if you need the cash for something else, Guardian Angel, Phage/Mallet, Warmogs, Bloodthirster w/e you're in thier base by now anyway.

Also, get a LichBane for teh lulz.

Also, try to avoid playing Tryndamere in TwistedTreeline, because Trynd needs a lot of gold, that you can't really get by only getting 8kills in 30mins tops.

I only started playing LoL 3-4 weeks ago and Tryndamere was free, he looked appealing and I sucked at first, now that i've learned how to use him, i usually go +6 kills to deaths or more.

Quite a wall I made huh?

Str1k3r

05-16-2010

Karthas is bearly lower then your minion kills in that screenshot...
and he even killed someone (could have ult'ed, but then again.. thats why he's better at mid then trynd), he also bought items AND prob didnt have "teleport" to tele back instantly while u were farming.

Your guide isnt rly that helpful b/c you waver on runes/masteries & summoner spells...
The item build is the most useful thing in this guide but you dont include how important red buff or Exliers are for trynd. You also fail to neglect the next coming patch which makes Cleanse less useful.

I wouldnt let u mid based on this guide..

Morinav

05-17-2010

Even with the upcoming patch, I think Cleanse will still be vital on Trynd.

Your item build seems a bit meh. The avarice stacking just seems to be wasteful on Trynd. In my opinion, you should start with a single avarice blade and try to rush IE as fast as possible. Sure you'll have higher crit chance for a slightly stronger early-mid game, but once you get IE your damage output jumps up several notches. I know avarice blades give gold and all, but they're going to delay your IE if you get more than 1.

Once you get a ghostblade and an IE, that's already a pretty big chunk of crit. Grab a zeal or two ontop of that and you're sitting pretty with a lot of movespeed, attack speed, armor pen, raw damage and enhanced crit damage. I know Trynd is really dependent on crits, but he's also Tryndamere. His passive gives huge amounts of crit, and Trynd tends to ride his HP pretty low to begin with. I think it's ok to not stack massive amounts of crit chance and let your passive do its job. Focus more on the other fine things in life, like damage, lifesteal, attack speed or armor pen.

05-17-2010

You do realise that it takes 25 minutes before a Avarice blade repays its self right? Big waste of money because the crit chance doesn't do anything for you.

Ohh and try this build for lol sakes
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Tryndamere/714297a39b732054bb824aa3af4b3b8e

Hexecless

05-17-2010

Quote:
Bellicus:
i dont like ghostblade cuz i always forget to use it

lol

xzymethx

05-17-2010

Quote:
Bellicus:
and this is coming from a guy who made another acc to get wins

im eu player since closed beta...

Sabotaj

Recruiter

05-17-2010

Gotta give the OP credit for being honest. "i don't like it 'cause i forget to use it" may sound ridiculous, but in this case, indeed, youmuu's isn't for him.

Which is a shame. It's probably the single best item for tryn atm. The active's scalability is simply outstanding. Late game, you're the ****ing grim reaper with that thing.

Other than that, I gotta disagree with the 3 avarice blades. As someone suggested, it takes 25 minutes for an avarice blade to pay for itself. Way too long to have 3 of them, which costs 2250. Add in some boots, depending which, it can amount to 3100-3500 gold. For boots, and 36% crit. By that time, you're gonna be in mid game, and just crit won't be enough for tryn. He'll be needing some damage as well. Brutalizer at the least.

I tend to go with 1 avarice, and quite often an Ex Calling myself. It's not what it used to be, granted, but with all the sorakas and janna's running around, it's quite useful. Tryn can also really use both the lifesteal, and the 15% crit. After that, a Brutalier->youmuu's if I'm a bit behind. If I'm ahead, I'll get a zeal for the crit, attack and movespeeds, then upgrade to youmuu's.

The rest is pretty classical. Infinity Edge, upgrade zeal to PD, and most of the time, games over by then. If not, situational items. Adding damage with thirster, ArP with last whisper, and the like.

This is my personal view of things btw. I'm in no way a good player, but I did, back in the day, play tryn a lot, and have recently tried to pick him up again a bit.

Morinav

05-17-2010

Honestly, I'm not a fan of phantom dancer on Trynd. I feel like he has enough crit already with a zeal + Youmuu's + IE. I'd much rather get another zeal on the cheap or pick up something like stark's/last whisper.

Sabotaj

Recruiter

05-17-2010

I agree to an extent. imho, the movespeed and dodge are not to be ignored. In addition, we only have 6 slots. Upgrading a zeal isn't a bad idea, provided sufficient money.