[Guide]Tryndamere, 1.5k dmg per sec

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bellicus

05-15-2010

Introduction
Sawp im Bellicus. Today i will be teachin yall tips on hao 2 pway Tryndamiddle and become the positive change of a team. Too many nubz bring shame to all Tryns, and i wanna chage that.

Runes
Red-Armor Penetration or Crit Damage
Yellow-Dodge Seals...or whatever
Blue-Magic Resist or whatever the hell
Quint-Whatever. I prefer flat HP
All critical damage would be beastmonger at endgame

Masteries
21/9/0
Go for anything attack related, dodge, magic resist, etc.

Summoner Spells
Cleanse/Teleport works wonders. You ALWAYS want cleanse on a Tryn, no exceptions. Teleport is pretty good. The only other spell I'd consider is trading Teleport for Exhaust, but I find this combination to work pretty well.

Skills
Level/Skill
1- Spinning Slash
2- Bloodlust
3- Bloodlust
4- Mocking Shout
5- Bloodlust
6- Undying Rage
11- Undying Rage
14- Spinning Slash
15- Spinning Slash
16- Undying Rage
17- Spinning Slash
18- Spinning Slash

You should prioritize Bloodlust at first, and then choose whether after getting it to lv3 that you should continue to max it, or Mocking Shout. If your enemy harasses you a lot, I'd choose Bloodlust. No harass? Mocking Shout, especially if your enemy is DPS-based. Course, you should be getting Undying Rage whenever you can. Personally, I'm not fond of the stacks you get from it since I'm usually at max stacks when I use it, but the cooldown ain't too bad.

Items
Starting Items: Brawler's Gloves + 2 HP pots
-Go for 1, 2 or 3 Avarice Blades first. Normally, I get 2. This is mainly to boost up your crit chance early.
-Go for an Infinity Edge and Boots (either Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads, depending whether your enemies are phys or CC heavy)
-Then go for a Phantom Dancer, Bloodthirster or Phage (can be in any order, though I get it in that order) Sell your Avarice Blade when you run out of room or you are just a little under gold for what you need.

The Crit/AS elixer and Yoomu's Ghostblade are also pretty good, but personally I don't use them much, largely due to the fact that I forget to use them.

Situational:
-Last Whisper if 3 or more of your enemies are tanks
-Frozen Mallet if you seem to die too fast
-Sword of the Divine for Jax

Strategy
Normally, I go solo mid, but that's because I'm cautious with Tryndamere. I don't recall a time I failed with that, by the way. Screw ranged mids.
But really, if you aren't too good or are just starting out, go lane with a partner.

Lvl1-5
Farming is essential. You want to act all innocent, be like a weak Tryndamere. Sometimes, your opponent will hurt you and you will run away, pretending that you are so squishy like how most people think you are, but little did they realize that you're secretly stacking up gold. Most games, I end up with 200-250 minion kills if it goes over 40min. Let me tell you something, people laugh at Tryndamiddles. They will sometimes ignore you and let you farm off of minions. Only a couple of times, people estimate me correctly and will CONSTANTLY harass me. Minor harassment is nothing when you have your Q. Truth. The smart man should know that overestimating a Tryndamiddle is not possible.
Also, try to push just a teensy weensy. If you do it, great, but remember that people will try to gank you since you're a melee.

Tips:
-Use your Spinning Slash to get out of hostile situations and to go up to an enemy. Remember that you can use it through walls.
-Your Bloodlust...don't ever forget it. Remember to use it when you have to (for example, you notice your lust is about to end, and you're at 80% hp)
This skill is very situational. I remember all the wrong times I've used this when I first started out with Tryn.
-Use your Mocking Shout to catch running enemies and to decrease the amount of harassment you recieve when you're trying to kill that one last minion.
-Undying Rage doesn't work when you're stunned or silence. Use Cleanse situationally when you can.
-When you get hit by your enemy, sometimes you should stay there. Minions may go to your enemy and will actually lower their hp faster than yours! But realize if you should stay or not.

Lvl6-10
If you're like me, you should have the most minion kills, unless you were constantly harassed. Here, if your opponent is around 60% HP, you should be able to kill them by doing EWREQ. It's not as easy as 1-2-3; you have to carefully analyze the situation and see the limit of what you can do, but also see what you could do. Tryndamiddle can slice up a Karthus up in just 3 slashes this early into the game.

Tips:
-Low on health while your minions are pushing fairly well, but you don't want to shop since your teleport is down? Just kill some neutral monsters and heal with Q.
-Remember to gank some if you just so happen to solo mid, and your mid partner is gone
-You can probably play aggressive at this point, since your Q should be healing you a lot and your W should reduce your opponent's damage. Here, I can sometimes literally kill minions and totally ignore my opponent--seriously. You should probably kill them if they get too cocky.
-Always use your Undying Rage right before you should die. I love this ult.

Lv11-17
Normally, your teammates should swarm around mid, praising the land and will decrease your experience rate. Yeah, really, this happens a LOT. Usually, here I just farm off of monsters. Remember to help your team in a teamfight--go through walls and try to get there as fast as you can. Also, defend--20% of the time, your entire team is at mid and both lanes are being pushed by the enemy. Don't forget to take the dragon. All I can say is FARM FARM FARM. Most of the time in other games when I stick close to my team, we lose because we would be 2-4 levels below the enemy. I can't offer you much tips here.

Lv18
You should probably stop farming as much here. You want to be close to your team to help them. You should be participating much more in fights. EWREQ=kills. There's not much to say when Tryn is a right click hero, but whatever. You should be doing at least 800 damage in a crit attack, at LEAST.

Tryndamere depends highly on situations (yeah i kno i said that so many times), but if you're good at analyzing them, you can try to maximize off killing and farming and eventually deal 1.5k dmg per sec as soon as possible.

And um yeah i end this.

Picture 1-83 minion kills in a little above 12 minutes? Oh hell yeah

Bellicus

05-16-2010

no commets D:

1337SuperNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-16-2010

so uh... 2 or 3 avarice blades? I think not.

xzymethx

05-16-2010

and then infinity... this sucks
u need attack speed and crit chance
with phantom dancer u already got 50% (masteries+runes) so 3 ava blades is waste, also att speed+crit = dmg

Eppa

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzymethx View Post
with phantom dancer u already got 50% (masteries+runes) so 3 ava blades is waste, also att speed+crit = dmg
Funny guy

Ghost blade is a must. I don't really like avarice stacking.

Bellicus

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzymethx View Post
and this is coming from a guy who made another acc to get wins

the 2/3 avas are for early game crits and a short revenue. eventually you're gonna sell them.

and attack speed is not always the case. AD powers up his E, which results in an epic 2 second total destruction of minions
E>auto crit>E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
Funny guy

Ghost blade is a must. I don't really like avarice stacking.
i dont like ghostblade cuz i always forget to use it

Blmz

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellicus View Post
i dont like ghostblade cuz i always forget to use it
Thats like "i suck cause i want to".
If you're playing one of the weakest melee carries out there you might aswell try maximize your chances, theres absolutely no reason not to go for it.

Bellicus

05-16-2010

u kno u can use it if u want to. i realize that ghostblade can be useful at times, but i never used it.

btw tryndamere is definitely not the weakest melee. imo hes the strongest

loneoutlaw

05-16-2010

A mid that almost can't gank, isn't ranged, can't push, can't carry a team and hardly benefits everyone from reaching level 6 first. This almost reminds me of every game I wish I would have queue dodged.

Bellicus

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneoutlaw View Post
A mid that almost can't gank, isn't ranged, can't push, can't carry a team and hardly benefits everyone from reaching level 6 first. This almost reminds me of every game I wish I would have queue dodged.
Normally i kill their mid 1-3 times and can sometimes push and kill their tower by the the point where everyone's ganking, which then allows me to do more