Season One - Update on Rewards, Timeframe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigShot10

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMikeBison View Post
what if i don't own jarvan? do i get jarvan and the skin? lol
you dont have gold though lol.

OMG PONY

08-26-2011

****ing sucks. I was 1881 and it took me like so long to get there. And I felt so good about it. Now every lowscrub is gold as well lol.
Whatever, Ima do platin.

OmartheOrange

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

wtf what about the kayle skin?

bagobago0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance Dark View Post
My ranked 3v3 rating is 1510, which is greater than 1490, but it's still not gold on my profile . Would I still get the Jarvan skin?
no answer on this yet? =(

The Öutcast

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikki View Post
Thanks for the update!

A lil' late in my opinion but still gives us quite some time to climb the ladder!

Feels like everyone going to run around with that Jarvan skin next season. Not sure I like it... I thought it would be more rare.
Well given the circumstance that only 3 percent of the current players will get the skin, you wont see it that often.

winwillkim

08-26-2011

i am at 890.........................
so i get diamond?

OMG PONY

08-26-2011

You dont get anything.

Kioter

08-26-2011

I only play normal =(

EPIC ReActi0n

08-26-2011

I do have the Gold Medal, But I don't have Jarvan,
Am I gonna get Jarvan for free or am I not gonna have the Skin?

Xokks

08-26-2011

It's nice I have gold now because I don't know if I would've been able to get it otherwise, which also makes it not feel like I actually earned gold, but this is just because I'm still used to what I think gold is supposed to be.

When the ladder was created Riot didn't know what percentage of players would be at what elo. I personally don't have an opinion on what good percentiles are for rewards to be given. However if 1520+ is truly top 3% then I think they should be rewarded with gold.*

When Season2 comes elo numbers will hold different importance depending on how the player base is so I will still be able to feel like I earned gold Season2 anyways (it will be more important than anyways since the game is getting larger, dominion released and soft elo reset should bring better MM).

Lastly I just wanted to say that while it is nice for Riot to reward the top echelon of pro players with a special skin or w/e, does it really matter to them? Pros play the game at Dreamhack or IEM for money, thousands of dollars if they win. That is the prize they get for being the top 0.1%. They are streamed on the main site to millions of players. I see no reason they can't release a special skin, but if I also wouldn't really care if I was playing in LANs if Riot didn't release some skin for me on a champ I might not even like playing anyways.

*I'm assuming this is based on people that have at least played ranked until out of their placement matches, rather than just total player base. I don't think anyone that hasn't finished their placement matches should be included in this number. Why would the total player base be included..?