Most reliable champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2010

For a mid-high elo range, blind pick, and team composition *mostly* considered, which champion do you believe will help the team come out on top the most often?

I ask this question because of the roster of 5 champions I decided to specialize in (atm), I find myself choosing Ashe too much. Not that it's a bad thing, but I'm getting a little tired of it...

Jalthi

05-14-2010

Take this with a grain of salt since I doubt I play at the ELO you're talking about, but I see it hard to argue with a well-played Janna right now.

Air toss, global speed boost, snare, dmg absorption shield, and knockback/heal is pretty solid regardless of what the other team chooses.

MCane

05-14-2010

I have +50 wins and over 500 wins and its funny but whenever I pick Amumu I end up winning 80% of games...not super high ELO but it works for me. Bandage toss + Ult + %of hp drain + tantrum + sunfire capes = Win (unless u go against a smart team with mardreds and casters but with blind pick usually not a problem).

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalthi View Post
Take this with a grain of salt since I doubt I play at the ELO you're talking about, but I see it hard to argue with a well-played Janna right now.

Air toss, global speed boost, snare, dmg absorption shield, and knockback/heal is pretty solid regardless of what the other team chooses.
Well, I'll be fair, I don't know where my ELO stands either. I've seen quite a few blends of play styles now. But when I'm playing with my lower level friends, it's very apparent that I'm the boss of the match without taking into consideration runes and masteries. It's almost safe to assume I'm not in the "stupid" ELO anymore.

I've heard stories of people going on massive win streaks with Janna. I have yet to see the gameplay that convinces me of this, although it doesn't help that her team doesn't do as well ;p On the other hand, once I did see a Janna on my team go mid, and she completely dominated.

CrimsonSkies

05-14-2010

Janna should not go mid - - The fact that happened shows you are not in high elo yet, but if you dominate low elo, then you are, like you said, mid-high elo. It's hard to say that there is one champion that will carry the game, rather, if you want to specialize, pick a good range of heroes. For dps carry, you said you prefer ashe. For ap carry, I would recommend ez or annie. Tank: shen/alister. Support: janna/soraka.

Treeshark

05-14-2010

Sivir.

Because of the flexibility. If your team needs aura-stacking support, you can. If it needs a carry, you can. If you are losing and need defense, you can. If you are winning and need push, you can. Whatever item build you need you can get with amazing farm.

Kajitii

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkies View Post
Janna should not go mid - - The fact that happened shows you are not in high elo yet, but if you dominate low elo, then you are, like you said, mid-high elo. It's hard to say that there is one champion that will carry the game, rather, if you want to specialize, pick a good range of heroes. For dps carry, you said you prefer ashe. For ap carry, I would recommend ez or annie. Tank: shen/alister. Support: janna/soraka.
Who said there were only strictly three levels of play? It could just be a rainbow in a blender for all I care.

Also, my 5 champions are already chosen and unlocked, and it wasn't the reason why I made the thread in the first place. Nevertheless, thank you for the suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeshark View Post
Sivir.

Because of the flexibility. If your team needs aura-stacking support, you can. If it needs a carry, you can. If you are losing and need defense, you can. If you are winning and need push, you can. Whatever item build you need you can get with amazing farm.
Sivir's big downfall as a carry is that she has abysmal range. She'll need the CC going strong. And I'm not sure what you're going at with the defense build. Also, the farming argument can be made with virtually any champion; after seeing a DPS Zilean pwn newbie island (on a smurf), I'm convinced a lot of crazy things are possible.