Items that scale with you

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CutMeOwn

08-23-2011

How are items that scale with you throughout the game going to be affected? These items include the tear of the goddess, everything it grows into, warmog's, and rod of ages. When games aren't as long, if all these items are kept at their current level, i don't see how they can remain viable. They just won't gain stacks fast enough for them to be useful at the appropriate times, expectantly since leveling is also getting sped up. The curve that they have been built to coincide with is not going to be the same. Tear of the goddess is the one a see the most trouble with, i feel like champions that usually buy this item are champions who really need it, one example being ryze. Are these issues going to be addressed, or are you just going to let these items and the characters that are dependent on them just not be viable?

Zeta

08-23-2011

Tear is kept and supposedly really good since if you have spells without a target you can buy it first and charge it up in spawn.

CutMeOwn

08-23-2011

But all of ryze spells need a target

CutMeOwn

08-23-2011

and just because you can get 120 mana out of it at the the beginning isn't much of an excuse

Kreshel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutMeOwn View Post
But all of ryze spells need a target
you can always charge your tear spamming your R

TheMarkMark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

Rod of Ages does seem like it won't be that viable of an item anymore, considering you might be able to get it at 8 minutes and have it fully stacked at 18 minutes. But that's basically the whole game. It's like having it stack for 20 minutes in SR. I think it is a bad choice and I'm surprised its recommended for Annie on CS. (thats not good.. crystal scar = creep score =cs... maybe TCS the crystal scar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreshel View Post
you can always charge your tear spamming your R
at level 3? On 70 second cooldown at level 6? or 50 seconds at level 15?

ubernooberofdoom

08-24-2011

mogs gets lots of stacks from assists and kills.. still viable imo.