Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spanish Speaking Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quebranto

03-13-2012

Yo hablo EspaƱol! One thing I've noticed is that there isn't a lot of information out there for the Spanish speakers, no forums, no guides, nada. I like playing with people in different languages, even if we lose, IT'S A GAME. But I would like to see some more info made available in other languages ^_^

Quebranto

03-13-2012

I like playing with folks in different languages and using my Spanish out side of work is just a blast (professional interpreter/translator). I think one thing that would help would be to get some of the guides and information available to every one. I was playing with a guy last night that wasn't a bad player, he just didn't understand all of the mechanics right away because of the language.

oO Slaave Oo

01-08-2013

I actually agree, not that it's racist but that it's annoying. When I am playing with people who speak English I win aprox 60% of my matches. When I am playing with people who do NOT speak English I win aprox 30% of my matches. Does this mean non English speaking players are bad? No it does not. What it does mean is when I cannot say things like, "hide In those bushes I'm gonna act as bait and lure them into you" or "Hold on for about 4 seconds my ulti is almost up, I'll ult in then you guys rush Gangplank" because the rest of my team, or even just our ADC it matters not, can't speak English we lose matches.

To recap: There should be an option to ONLY play with people who speak English not because I'm "racist" but because I believe a team game that is based around communication and coordination should be played with people who can understand what you're saying and whom you can also understand.

tl;dr
- It's not racist to want to not play with people you can't coordinate with
- there should be a way to opt-in to an English only matchmaking
- it's a team game, so it actually matters to your win/loss unlike say COD where 1 person who only speaks Spanish can still go off and play on their own without making it a loss for your team.

m0b00st

01-08-2013

Quote:
Nylian:

Those of you who get in games where you don't speak their language, remember that YOU do not speak THEIR language, NOT the other way around.

False...This is the NA server we are talking about. THEY infact DO NOT speak OUR language. Its really that simple. This is a team game that requires communication to happen. You wouldnt see me going to play on the Korean servers and expecting them to speak english for me so that we can communicate and win. They need to GTFO and go play on a server where people speark their language.

FubsyGamer

01-10-2013

Quote:
m0b00st:
False...This is the NA server we are talking about. THEY infact DO NOT speak OUR language. Its really that simple. This is a team game that requires communication to happen. You wouldnt see me going to play on the Korean servers and expecting them to speak english for me so that we can communicate and win. They need to GTFO and go play on a server where people speark their language.

So....Mexico and French Canada aren't a part of North America? You do realize English isn't the 'official language of North America' right?

Valstorm

02-24-2013

I speak Spanish almost fluently, I just had two games in a row where we lost, badly, in each instance there were 3 Spanish speaking team members who refused to communicate in English to the other team mates. It's not racism, simply logical, to want team members who speak your own language.