Spanish Speaking Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Humor Academy

09-14-2011

All of you, minus the OP, need to go back to school & learn reading comprehension, 'cause you're stupid & fail to understand the topic at hand.

He didn't say Spanish speaking players suck. He's saying he's being grouped with Spanish-only speaking players who happen to really suck, & there's nothing he can do about it since he can't communicate to them, and if they were all able to speak English (universal language pretty much, especially on NA server), they would've had a better chance.

L2grasp main idea of threads noobs

@Mohamed Zoathi: Please re-read the OP try to make sense of what he said before posting like somebody ignorant of the world.

Magnalon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

Wow - I can't believe people called the OP racist.

Think about it -

*I need to tell a player "don't go top - Warwick is hiding in the bushes".

*That player speaks another language does not understand this command.

*That player walks to top, and is ganked by Warwick at low health.

That's *all* the OP was saying - it is hard to play with people you cannot speak to.

Reznorist

09-14-2011

It is a TEAM GAME. If you cannot speak ANY English GTFO. I dont want to die because they are too worried about their burrito then calling MIA.

Murdocc

09-14-2011

To be honest it takes much more time to type and typing leaves you more vulnerable compared to ALT + Click. There's a reason RIOT made the "Fall Back" ping. You can, in-fact, explain most of the necessities needed to communicate through pings.

If I want you to focus someone? I ping the specified enemy champion. If you're needed at a lane, they ping your current location on the mini map and then the location they need you at. If that wasn't clear enough they usually ping your location then make a line of pings telling you to go to that spot. Someone MIA? Fall back pings!

It's pretty self explanatory. Point being, that idiocy is universal and even assuming that there was an English Only search button you have just as much of a chance to be matched with dumb-ass English speakers as you do dumb-ass foreign speakers. Skill is skill, ethnicity and culture have nothing to do with it.

Magnalon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

Pings are useless if you need to highlight that someone, say, bought a certain item - or someone is jungling. Basically hundreds of situations merit typing.

So you highlight the jungle - someone who doesn't speak the same language as you will either:

A) Assume you want to Baron/Dragon
B) Assume that you want them to go there eventually while laning/pushing
C) Assume that you want to set up a gank immediately

The point is a ping can say a hundred things.

Pinging may work in unranked games, but in ranked, communication is everything - especially if you're porting/buying - typing doesn't interfere with gameplay at all if you type around 80WPM.

Murdocc

09-14-2011

That's quite honestly the weakest point I've seen made in a while. You do realize someone should ALWAYS be warding, right? Assuming the wards aren't enough decent players are decent players. They should be checking the scoreboard occasionally and looking at builds to counter each other. If there is a jungler there should always be obvious caution when over extending.

This is all common sense and to be honest communication is vital but again majority of the necessities needed can be done through ping and even most spanish players understand the in-game abbreviations like Baron, Gank, etc.

It's not ethnicity by any means, ******ed players are ******ed players. Don't go blaming the language or culture for lack of skill. It's basically scape-goating.

KCIV4

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeak View Post
I keep getting grouped with Spanish speaking people and losing... Where is the option for U.S. only or English speaking only match-ups?

Again, i keep losing with these Spanish people, i try to tell them that this game was made in English for English people, but they laugh and just keep doing poorly..

UPDATE
I'm not sure what is racist about what I said but there IS an extra difficulty when I speak ENGLISH and they speak SPANISH, see, these are two DIFFERENT LANGUAGES that do not communicate universally..

If your too dumb to understand that and you still think thats somehow racist that I dont understand what spanish people are saying then i'm afraid you need to go back to school or something..

UPDATE
it is not racist. people who think this is racist are just begging attention by saying "hot" words. IF you are playing on a US english <------- server then you should speak ENGLISH you can use Spanish all you want as long as you COMUNICATE with the team in ENLGISH its like a bunch of USA tards going onto a german server and then expecting the germans to speak english. Its just ignorant

Mestm

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeak View Post
I keep getting grouped with Spanish speaking people and losing... Where is the option for U.S. only or English speaking only match-ups?

Again, i keep losing with these Spanish people, i try to tell them that this game was made in English for English people, but they laugh and just keep doing poorly..

UPDATE
I'm not sure what is racist about what I said but there IS an extra difficulty when I speak ENGLISH and they speak SPANISH, see, these are two DIFFERENT LANGUAGES that do not communicate universally..

If your too dumb to understand that and you still think thats somehow racist that I dont understand what spanish people are saying then i'm afraid you need to go back to school or something..

UPDATE
so u want a exclusive game type just for people that speack english?
some people try to learn how speack english,why u dont try to learn how speack spanish or other languege?

Kaberf

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestm View Post
so u want a exclusive game type just for people that speack english?
some people try to learn how speack english,why u dont try to learn how speack spanish or other languege?
Yes, if the server is in North America, people on the server should speak English. If I get on a server in France, how stupid would I be if I demanded they all speak English for my own personal benefit? I'd feel like a lazy jerk for even suggesting it. It boggles my mind that some people can't grasp this simple concept.

And what does racism have to do with it? There's a reason you can report a player for not communicating with the team.

I think you're just trolling.

Ozmega

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznorist View Post
It is a TEAM GAME. If you cannot speak ANY English GTFO. I dont want to die because they are too worried about their burrito then calling MIA.
i cant believe u arent banned yet