[Guide] Ryze - the Hero Killer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobFisher

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbis View Post
I was unaware you needed a guide to to know how to hit E, then R, then wait in the base for your ulti to come back up
lol agree, if you are good at the game with any other hero, u will naturaly find ryze very easy, it takes almost no practice to master him and even noobs can go around owning people with his ultimate and prison combo. as for the person who said he was squishy, yes he doesnt have alot of hp or armor, but rune prison is an excelent defensive move and also his offence is so powerful that it often means you dont need much of a defence anyway.

FearAndLoathing

11-11-2009

Anyone try out the new void staff w/ ryze?

My item build will usually look like
1. Sorc Boots
2. Mejai ss
3. Zhonya
4. Nashar's Tooth
5. w/e seems most relevant for the match, but I've been putting the void staff in here.

With all the magic resist, I liked the 40% penetration but haven't been able to play with it more then a handful of times. Any opinions on it from people who have?

Also, does anyone know what the MR penetration cap is?

Mr Hanky

11-11-2009

Please update guide!

Genma

11-21-2009

am i the only one who gets chalice of harmony first?

granted i just started playing ryze but i regularly get 10+ kills with usually no more than 3 deaths a game.

early game this lets me basically spam rune prison and overload constantly, which sets them up for a nice kill once i get the ultimate.

I realize that late game it becomes much less useful but it still seems like a very good item buy to me!

or am I missing something?

Blackthorne

11-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genma View Post
am i the only one who gets chalice of harmony first?
You really don't need chalice to be honest. The money is best spent getting Soulstealer or Rod of Ages first.
I usually go for Rod before Mejay's, you'll get the bonus HP, MP and AP faster and you'll get the +70 AP from Mejay's eventually anyway.

Although in pubs against noobs you can probably go for Mejay's first.
In premades I tend to go for survivability first.

Chronic Mist

11-27-2009

27-2-7 Following this just now, first time with ryze too :] awesome guide. !

nynjaslippers

11-28-2009

Amazing guide, really helped me

Satoris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2009

You're gonna have to revise this now that Ryze has changed completely, but great job. I've been following this and winning games for days now.

A LoLocaust

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-05-2010

I have noticed that in many of the guides i read for ryze on runes, they always suggest crit chance or damage for marks(red).
I have about 6k IP and 'm looking forward to buying a load of tier 3 runes for my ryze(which will go well with m other char like chogath(mage) and Veigar(mage).
so I just don't see the point in spending loads of IP for tier3 crit damage or chance for mage characters who don't auto attack.

please help

thank you.

Zaazu

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylem View Post
Maxing out Arcane Mastery earlier (instead of Overload) works better for me, actually. You miss out on some burst (it's about +50 dmg/lvl ? but the % current mana and the coefficient stay the same), but it makes last hitting/farming in general much easier, you get more mana, and your dmg vs towers is insane.
How do you max out arcane mastery... or put any points into it for that matter?