[Guide] Ryze - the Hero Killer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elusive

09-24-2009

Hehe no worries. It takes a lot of time to know how all of the hero abilities work, but when you do it shows.

Prorangutan

10-01-2009

Thanks for the guide. First time playing Ryze yesterday. Switched all my runes to what you suggested (took about an hr of grab bag and combiner to get them all!) and switched my masteries from 21/9/0 to 9/0/21. Pretty much stuck to your first item build. First game played, 13-1, second game played 16-3. Definitely loving this hero and cannot wait to get home from work to pick him up again.

WesleyC

10-01-2009

After playing a few games as Ryze lately and I noticed something interesting. Even in games where I dominated, I still usually died at least 3 or 4 times. Especially nearing the end game in any big gang, decent opponents will always take you out first. The solution? I've started using (improved) REVIVE as a summoner spell, (along with teleport) and its worked well. It's on about a 9 minute cooldown (7 with appropriate Utility mastery) and the bonus 400 HPs that you receive for 90 seconds can make a huge difference, particularly in the early game.

It was literally a game breaker in a match a couple of days back, where 4 players from both teams were wiped out in a huge gang battle over their middle base tower. I was targeted first and taken out, cast REVIVE immediately, and teleported back just in time to catch and kill their final hero, then proceeded to wipe out 2 base towers (ryze's tower damage late game in INSANE) and brought home the win.

GG REVIVE!

Devastation

10-20-2009

I usually get a dorans ring item and a skill point into overload then just harass w/ overload without rune prison whenever you have full mana, and get an early kill by the time you get enough points into rune prison which is uaually lvl 4-5 if your soloing and 2-3 if you have a partner. I use the ulti whenever its needed as well

Then I just get the reccommended items and I about always end up getting 12+ kills and lots of assists.

xxLOLxx

10-27-2009

I have been experimenting alot w/ ryze. I now use the item build:boots of mobility, mejais soul stealer, then I get a scepter.

This build works because you go in and out of combat to simply hero kill, jumping from lane to lane trying to kill heroes with low health. It works perfect because you move quickly, and when you get a kill your mana recharges to full.

I also get heal and ghost to move from place to place and I have heal because I am still new

noonestar

10-27-2009

I follow the same strategy with Ryze, but it just seems I can't kill champions like Warwick or Tryndamere. Any suggestions? Nevertheless, Ryze is my favorite champ! =D

Charmicarmicarmicat

10-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxFlipxX View Post
Also, granted that lich bane grants benefits upon next "Physical" attack wouldnt it be silly to get lich bane if you are going to make your attacks magical by going into overload?
Arcane mastery is still considered a physical attack in the regular sense of the word.

Atmosfear

10-30-2009

I once got Guinsoo's Rageblade while playing Ryze. Its rather amusing when you are not only obliterating the enemy with 650+ overloads, you can shred them to pieces with your auto attack too!

Yeshua

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
I once got Guinsoo's Rageblade while playing Ryze. Its rather amusing when you are not only obliterating the enemy with 650+ overloads, you can shred them to pieces with your auto attack too!
Oh dear lord... I just simply NEED to try that out next game.

McTapper

11-09-2009

+1 for soulstealer