[Guide] Ryze - the Hero Killer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hand of Might

Senior Member

09-15-2009

I played one game where I baited a Sivir, Twitch, and Tryndamere all to follow me down the lane a bit away from their turret (all at full hp, roughly my level). I used ult on Sivir and Twitch (Trynd was a bit behind) and killed them both. Then I bursted down Trynd with my prison, attack, overcharge, attack till he had to use his ult to escape with <100 hp.

I love ryze.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elusive

Junior Member

09-15-2009

When you learn how to play Ryze he is a devastating hero. Alot of people would doubt that story, but I know just how powerful he can be ^^
Have fun continuing to play Ryze


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vorath

The Council

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elusive View Post
When you learn how to play Ryze he is a devastating hero. Alot of people would doubt that story, but I know just how powerful he can be ^^
Have fun continuing to play Ryze

As long as your opponents dont get magic resist your fine.. if they do cuppled with you being the worst creep farmer in the game, slowest and most squishy hero. You are ****ed.

I think ryze needs a buff. Or take out the +80 resist items


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CF Furyan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorath View Post
As long as your opponents don't get magic resist your fine.. if they do coupled with you being the worst creep farmer in the game, slowest and most squishy hero. You are ****ed.

I think Ryze needs a buff. Or take out the +80 resist items
I, for one, don't think Ryze needs to be buffed. By mid-game I had already gotten ~390+ AP. If you play the Champion the right way, either by this guide or by your own means, Ryze can be virtually unbeatable. The worst counters are tanks, and one example I'd like to give is Sion, I think close to mid-game/end-game most Sion's will have the Infinity Edge and/or Phantom Dancer, this gives a +50% crit chance, and in most cases you will be crit for 750+ damage.

Just something I'd like to add to the guide is, try to gank tanks early in the game. If you can cause them to have to blue pill as often as possible it will hinder their chances at getting the items they need to wtfstomp you mid-late game.

I hope this helps.

Great guide Evasive. Ryze is a great and powerful champion, one of my favorites.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vorath

The Council

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
I, for one, don't think Ryze needs to be buffed. By mid-game I had already gotten ~390+ AP. If you play the Champion the right way, either by this guide or by your own means, Ryze can be virtually unbeatable. The worst counters are tanks, and one example I'd like to give is Sion, I think close to mid-game/end-game most Sion's will have the Infinity Edge and/or Phantom Dancer, this gives a +50% crit chance, and in most cases you will be crit for 750+ damage.

Just something I'd like to add to the guide is, try to gank tanks early in the game. If you can cause them to have to blue pill as often as possible it will hinder their chances at getting the items they need to wtfstomp you mid-late game.

I hope this helps.

Great guide Evasive. Ryze is a great and powerful champion, one of my favorites.

I THINK RYZE IS GREAT HES MY FAVORITE HERO BUT IF YOU GET STUCK AND DONT LEVEL FAST EARLY GAME OR FARM BY HERO KILLS TO GET YOUR ITEM YOUR IN TOUBLE

I just went 31-3-9 last game with Ryze and heres my item build
Sorc Boots -> Soulstealer -> Lich Bane -> Zhona ring -> I got guardian angel (another surviviabilty item)... I had around 570 ap at this point and didnt really need more ap unless you want to finish with ryalis staff for -20 resist and +80 ap and the magic resist buff


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elusive

Junior Member

09-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
I, for one, don't think Ryze needs to be buffed. By mid-game I had already gotten ~390+ AP. If you play the Champion the right way, either by this guide or by your own means, Ryze can be virtually unbeatable. The worst counters are tanks, and one example I'd like to give is Sion, I think close to mid-game/end-game most Sion's will have the Infinity Edge and/or Phantom Dancer, this gives a +50% crit chance, and in most cases you will be crit for 750+ damage.

Just something I'd like to add to the guide is, try to gank tanks early in the game. If you can cause them to have to blue pill as often as possible it will hinder their chances at getting the items they need to wtfstomp you mid-late game.

I hope this helps.

Great guide Evasive. Ryze is a great and powerful champion, one of my favorites.
Thanks for your comments, and I totally agree with you. When played right, Ryze is a hero which can kill any other. You can easily gain over 500 AP, and with early game ganking as you suggest, they won't have the gold to stack any sort of resist.
Last night I played with a friend and we managed to bush kill an Alistair just as the first creeps spawned last night, and by the time he was back, we were both level 2. Things like this can really turn a game.

Also, I think tanks aren't as bad a counter as they could be. Alot of the time you will have creeps/tower/lane partner, between you and him. If they move towards you, you can rune prison, and then plan an attack with your lane partner to counter. I think harassment is the way to play against a tank, slowly eating the health with Rune Prison/Overload combo's is a great way to make them play defensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorath View Post
I THINK RYZE IS GREAT HES MY FAVORITE HERO BUT IF YOU GET STUCK AND DONT LEVEL FAST EARLY GAME OR FARM BY HERO KILLS TO GET YOUR ITEM YOUR IN TOUBLE

I just went 31-3-9 last game with Ryze and heres my item build
Sorc Boots -> Soulstealer -> Lich Bane -> Zhona ring -> I got guardian angel (another surviviabilty item)... I had around 570 ap at this point and didnt really need more ap unless you want to finish with ryalis staff for -20 resist and +80 ap and the magic resist buff
Again, if you don't level early game, Ryze can fall behind as a hero, due to mid-ranged item dependancy, but you should never let this put you in a pessimistic mind set. If you stick with your team, as soon as you start pushing turrets, or team ganking, you will catch up the lost xp.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lockedbob

Senior Member

09-17-2009

Yes indeed. I totally disagree with you Elusive... Last night we had an overfed Ryze in the opposing team and he tried the prison overload ulti scheme on me (fiddle) and he died and on our team's nunu(he lost and died again). Still think he's op? You'd better cry somewhere else sorry but I can't agree with such nonsense. Back it up with numbers and compare other abilities and I'll listen. Fiddle's ulti does 400 dmg per second for 5 seconds to ALL enemies around him on a respectably big aoe. NUNU does a ****load of damage as well while at the same time freezing everyone in place. Fiddle`s fear disables you totally for 3.5 seconds while Ryze's prison simply holds you in place and you can't attack BUT CAN CAST SPELLS for a mere 3 seconds. Again... If you're just posting stuff like ZOMG I ROFLSTOMPED 50 NUBS LAST NIGHT this ain't gonna go anywhere. Post facts numbers and comparisons.

And about easily gaining 500 ap would you mind posting the items you need for 500 ap + their cost and how you're gonna farm that much cash in time for no1 in the opposing team to buy any resist items?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VincentGraymore

Member

09-17-2009

Can anyone explain how to get a crit around 1800 damage with ryze? I've played him only little and yes he is kinda easy to control and his abilitys are only click-point. Still I hardly ever see any good ryze out there, some play descent but other heroes are generally played better. Normally I wouldnt care about the whining but Sarevok here posted that ryze can do abnormaly damage with only these items:

I've had an 1860 crit from normal attacks with Ryze doing this.

A simple Prison -> normal attack -> Overload -> normal attack can kill pretty much any hero once you have 300-400 AP.

Srry don't know how to qoute (not a forum kind of guy, but geuss i'll learn someday). I understand that hes magic attack can deal much damage but i've never seen any damage going over 1000 (except twisted fate and ashe and some other carry heroes).

also STOP THE WHINING ABOUT HIM, HE GOES DOWN LIKE ALL HEROES. I only hate amumu as he seems abromally strong in melee but hey he still goes down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elusive

Junior Member

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockedbob View Post
Yes indeed. I totally disagree with you Elusive... Last night we had an overfed Ryze in the opposing team and he tried the prison overload ulti scheme on me (fiddle) and he died and on our team's nunu(he lost and died again). Still think he's op? You'd better cry somewhere else sorry but I can't agree with such nonsense. Back it up with numbers and compare other abilities and I'll listen. Fiddle's ulti does 400 dmg per second for 5 seconds to ALL enemies around him on a respectably big aoe. NUNU does a ****load of damage as well while at the same time freezing everyone in place. Fiddle`s fear disables you totally for 3.5 seconds while Ryze's prison simply holds you in place and you can't attack BUT CAN CAST SPELLS for a mere 3 seconds. Again... If you're just posting stuff like ZOMG I ROFLSTOMPED 50 NUBS LAST NIGHT this ain't gonna go anywhere. Post facts numbers and comparisons.

And about easily gaining 500 ap would you mind posting the items you need for 500 ap + their cost and how you're gonna farm that much cash in time for no1 in the opposing team to buy any resist items?
Firstly, as Ryze is quite a item dependant hero, he can be played terribly by someone who doesn't know what to buy. Also, as I note, the ultimate is only amazing when used in the correct situation. For example, if someone used it 1v1, as in your example, and stood out of range of the rebounds, the ball would simply do one hit on you and vanish. Whereas if I were against you, I would stand nearer, meaning the ball bounces between us, meaning you'd suffer 3-4 times the damage.
I think you need to stop nerd raging, and compile your thoughts into grammatical sentences or no-one will listen to you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morbis

Senior Member

09-19-2009

I was unaware you needed a guide to to know how to hit E, then R, then wait in the base for your ulti to come back up