Who else likes "Come-from-Behind" vicories?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeero

05-20-2010

I've had most of my comeback victories from wiping them at the baron. They will push to our base, kill a couple of us and down an inhib or two, and think they are ok to Baron. In the meant time our dead respawn, I rally the troops to me at baron, and we Ace them. Get teh baron buff ourselves and proceed to clean house. SO much fun. This is the reason why especially in losing games I ALWAYS keep a ward down at baron.

cats

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

Comeback in games are rare because on an extremely good team could come back from a complete defeat. The best come game I had played was where we had 3 inhibitors down and they have 0. 2 people managed to backdoor in and took out 1 inhibitor while the 5 of them were rushing our base... then both of them teleported back and managed to somehow kill 4 of them and we pushed the mid to victory and they had 20 more overall kills than us. I was the tank that game with 4k hp 150 armor and 220 MR +banshees and I could heal.

So we won with 3 inhibitors down and they lost with only 1 inhibitor down best game ever!

I love comeback games no other game is even close to being as fun.

Winning or Losing with comebacks are great.

Yadneb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

I have seen many comeback from behind victories. I do think there is a certain amount of defeatism in the community where they can give up way too quickly. Certainly, there are games where you have no chance to recover and surrendering saves everyone time. Losing one team battle or a couple of turrets does not mean the game is over however.

Yadneb

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeero View Post
I've had most of my comeback victories from wiping them at the baron. They will push to our base, kill a couple of us and down an inhib or two, and think they are ok to Baron. In the meant time our dead respawn, I rally the troops to me at baron, and we Ace them. Get teh baron buff ourselves and proceed to clean house. SO much fun. This is the reason why especially in losing games I ALWAYS keep a ward down at baron.
Yes! Wiping a team at Baron can start an epic turnaround.

vueprime

05-20-2010

i agree with the first post comebacks are awesome. played a game last night where we had one leaver at about level6 and thought were done for, we held out and actually were pushing til the 72 minute mark, we got sloppy and they got more organized + baron, would have been epic if we won though

Fragglerock

05-20-2010

I believe your mom does....

CarbunkleFlux

05-20-2010

This guide is kind of obvious, but it is really necessary.

Saying 'OMG, we lost' or 'gg' when the match is barely underway is a self-fulfilling prophecy. The minute your morale dies is the minute you start to lose the match.

Even if you have a bad earlygame or lose a couple of teamfights, get together and start adapting. If you need auras, start getting them. Ward areas. Put together a focus plan. And follow it. What's the worst that's going to happen? You lose. So there's nothing to lose from throwing yourself your hardest at the enemies.

Nothing is more frustrating than being in a team that's given up. Okay, maybe not -nothing-, as a leaver is way more frustrating. But it's pretty up there. Especially when the team is solid and the players are solid but we're just making a few too many mistakes.

The Rooster

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waughoo View Post
I thought once you were losing you were supposed to surrender or afk? That seems to be what happens in half the games I play. "Oh look! We lost one tower! Better throw in the towel"
^
|

QFT

I always down vote a surrender now becuase I learned a couple of day ago it effects the IP payout for the winners. IMO if these guys pwned my team and are winning they deserve the IP. Play it out... if its hopeless I just concentrate on defending and seeing if I can gank anyone before we lose... its still fun...

And to answer the OP, yes I love come from behind victories as long as I am on the team coming from behind and winning... I hate it when my team gets overconfident, scatters all over the map, refuses to stick together, gets ganked and the other team pushes in together for the win... that I hate.... a lot....