Who else likes "Come-from-Behind" vicories?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

matthoyle

05-14-2010

Honestly, these kind of wins make the game for me. They are so much more thrilling than stomping your opponent and having them surrender at minute 25.

Components of an epic turnaround:
-A poor early/mid game with most of your towers pushed
-One or more of your teammates each separately starting surrender votes at various times during the match
-some or all of your inhibitors down and defending
-the other team gets cocky and somehow loses a team fight in your base
-your team proceeds to farm up equal levels and equal gold and proceed to completely own and push their team to the nexus all at once.
-your team and their team are left wondering "How the freak did that happen?"

Ways you can help turn around a weak early game:

-Be super positive: This includes talking up teammates that might have had a bad early game. Never make fun of someone just cause they are doing bad. We all know how it feels to suck it up once in a while and getting beat down in chat does nothing to help this.

-Vote No: If there is any microscopic chance that you can win, vote no on the surrender. And if your teammates start the vote, reassure them that its still possible to win.

-Barter: If your team is giving up make a deal like, "lets farm up and defend a bit and after the next team fight, if we get totally stomped, we can surrender." Even if you never plan on surrendering it can cause your team to focus and work towards a win.

-Never be alone: Strength in numbers! Tell your teammates to stick together, especially if your towers and inhibitors are pushed and your waiting for a respawn. Going out in the middle for a couple of piddly neutral camps is not worth it, unless you go as a team for baron or something like that. You will gain exp and gold much faster sitting in the base defending than leaving and dying in the golem camp.

-Be part of the solution: Don't be that ****** that just sits at the base and flames his own team and the other team. These are people that you should instantly /ignore because believe me you don't want to play with them ever again.

Conclusion:

I guess my point in all this is that through a positive outlook and teamwork, you can come from behind and actually win what seems like a lost game. Nothing feels better than staring at the Victory sign come up and the other team's nexus exploding instead of yours.

Please if you guys have any thoughts or ways to come back in a game let me know!

Kriptini

05-14-2010

I love "come-from-behind" victories. I think that she's never into buttsecks, and then sure enough! We-

Oh, you're talking about LoL! Er... yeah...

Eppa

05-14-2010

I love winning with an inferior comp. Especially on TT

ikillutwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2010

I bet the team you are versing hates them :P
The team who gets them loves them

TheHegemuffin

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthoyle View Post
-Be part of the solution: Don't be that ****** that just sits at the base and flames his own team and the other team. These are people that you should instantly /ignore because believe me you don't want to play with them ever again.
Yup, and believe me I wish that were how ignore worked.

matthoyle

05-14-2010

Just finished an epic-comeback game:

I was Kat and did reasonably well early game, but my team overall was being dominated. There was a point late in the game when all of our inhibitors had respawned and something interesting happened. 2 of their people were pressuring top lane inhibitor, 2 were on mid inhibitor, and Warwick was solo messing with the bottom. It was the funniest thing to see our entire team jumping around from inhibitor to inhibitor protecting them, until finally the other team got to cocky and we killed the 4 on top and bottom and Warwick ran away screaming. 5 minutes later we had pushed top all the way to their top inhibitor and pulled an Ace. Their response was funny

noobsauce234: GG
Warwickprick:gg
Cheesyweeny: I thought we won this 5 minutes ago
lolownerer69: Bg

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2010

My group regularly does this. For some reason we have people that suck early game, are meh mid game, but once we get our act together in 5-man teamfight/push we start to catch up. Or sometimes we just win a team fight in the middle when we have two inhibs down and our tank just tanks their one remaining mid tower, we kill their inhib, then kill nexus before they respawn.

Getting aced at level 18 is NASTY.

ForumDyss

05-14-2010

I love nothing better. However, it saddens me that in most cases, teams give up very quickly. A 11 - 25 score can quickly cause people to think that "the game is lost" and some people will go afk if the surrender vote fails. People often forget their team might have more end-game potential, like when your team has a great Tryndamere who is still getting his gear.

But when you have the right team mates, it's awesome.

Temlam

05-14-2010

i hate your guide for 1 reason.
I played a crappy game, and we had a bad team set up against a good one, they outlevels us 18-13 LVLS

We had destgroyed nothing of theirs, they destroyed almost all of us.

3 people absolutely refused to surrender.

Waughoo

05-14-2010

I thought once you were losing you were supposed to surrender or afk? That seems to be what happens in half the games I play. "Oh look! We lost one tower! Better throw in the towel"