AP blitzcrank or AP alistar?- which works better?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

And by the title i mean which champion when played as an AP deals more damage?

thanks guys

DarkPlatypus

08-22-2011

Alistar. Blitz is poop as AP.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2011

lol thanks.
Does alistar have high burst damage even when compared to other casters?

Qualdrion

08-23-2011

I'd say that blitz is not that bad as AP. His ulti is a 1:1 AP ratio skill, which also procs for 0.25:1 AP every 2.5 seconds, and his hook is 0.8. Even without the passive of his ulti his combined AP ratio is 0.4 higher than ali. When I do build blitz AP (rarely) I go tear -> Sheen -> deathcap -> Lich bane -> Archangel

AreYouReady2Die

08-23-2011

Really both aren't 100% effective as ap, blitz as armor pen rune ap, can be stupidly disgusting with lichbane and good amount of ap with his knockup. Allistar doesn't need ap as much, it works but tank gear and support cdr items is my preferred.

I typically play blitz as AD tank manamune warmog, atma's banshee, situational.

XTreeX

08-23-2011

i see....

Carados

08-23-2011

AP Blitz makes about as much sense as AP Teemo.

One skill that reliably scales on AP with a long cooldown, a skill that scales on AP that does it's job without AP and as a bonus isn't reliable.

imnotbono

08-23-2011

Either of these champions are subpar if played for AP. CDR has more value than AP on these champs, even. They're both better suited for AD or tank.

Jazman84

08-24-2011

CDR and go tanky with a Sheen.

Mystfyre

08-24-2011

Sheen is really all the damage a blitz needs, maybe a triforce if you're doing super well. Blitz only gets a benefit from AP on two of his abilities, both which are his highest cooldowns. You'd probably be better off with some armor pen runes and calling it a day.