Pain sounds upon champions taking damage

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IBlackbirdI

Junior Member

04-24-2014

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way but it feels kind of funny when my champion takes a sword slice to the face yet no sounds of pain are audible. I mean they are so quiet when they get hit.

For me, the sound of my character yelling pain sounds when getting hit gives a more realism and adrenaline running feature to the game.

The champion should emit sounds of pain when a big chunk of his or her health goes away.
OR
When the champion has health below %25-%15.

What do you guys think?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyberTootie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-25-2014

I like this idea. Although at this point I think it's too late in the game's development cycle to be viable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Eno

Senior Sound Designer

04-27-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBlackbirdI View Post
I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way but it feels kind of funny when my champion takes a sword slice to the face yet no sounds of pain are audible. I mean they are so quiet when they get hit.

For me, the sound of my character yelling pain sounds when getting hit gives a more realism and adrenaline running feature to the game.

The champion should emit sounds of pain when a big chunk of his or her health goes away.
OR
When the champion has health below %25-%15.

What do you guys think?
This is a pretty rad idea! There are some implications of this muddying up the sonic space though during team fights, etc, since a lot of players rely on audio cues to predict further incoming damage.

Thanks for the suggestion; keep 'em comin'!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thryale

Senior Member

04-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Eno View Post
This is a pretty rad idea! There are some implications of this muddying up the sonic space though during team fights, etc, since a lot of players rely on audio cues to predict further incoming damage.

Thanks for the suggestion; keep 'em comin'!
why not use similar technology in the spectate camera(for determining points of interest/big fights) and have it set so that when a large team fight breaks out, it will lower certain extraineous champ lines/sounds so that players can better hear the important stuff?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Eno

Senior Sound Designer

04-27-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thryale View Post
why not use similar technology in the spectate camera(for determining points of interest/big fights) and have it set so that when a large team fight breaks out, it will lower certain extraineous champ lines/sounds so that players can better hear the important stuff?
Another good thought, and honestly how we would have to do it, should a feature like this ever make its way into the game.

Thanks for the lively discussion this evening, guys!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rustyemo

Senior Member

04-28-2014

i would love that ! Hearing my champ suffering when hit by something would be cool !
it would make the game more emotional, i would not like it if my champ is suffering, so ill play more defensively !

(sorry if bad english, not my main language)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IBlackbirdI

Junior Member

05-20-2014

Bump.