Pain sounds upon champions taking damage

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IBlackbirdI

04-24-2014

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way but it feels kind of funny when my champion takes a sword slice to the face yet no sounds of pain are audible. I mean they are so quiet when they get hit.

For me, the sound of my character yelling pain sounds when getting hit gives a more realism and adrenaline running feature to the game.

The champion should emit sounds of pain when a big chunk of his or her health goes away.
OR
When the champion has health below %25-%15.

What do you guys think?

CyberTootie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2014

I like this idea. Although at this point I think it's too late in the game's development cycle to be viable.

Riot Eno

Senior Sound Designer

04-27-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBlackbirdI View Post
I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way but it feels kind of funny when my champion takes a sword slice to the face yet no sounds of pain are audible. I mean they are so quiet when they get hit.

For me, the sound of my character yelling pain sounds when getting hit gives a more realism and adrenaline running feature to the game.

The champion should emit sounds of pain when a big chunk of his or her health goes away.
OR
When the champion has health below %25-%15.

What do you guys think?
This is a pretty rad idea! There are some implications of this muddying up the sonic space though during team fights, etc, since a lot of players rely on audio cues to predict further incoming damage.

Thanks for the suggestion; keep 'em comin'!

Thryale

04-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Eno View Post
This is a pretty rad idea! There are some implications of this muddying up the sonic space though during team fights, etc, since a lot of players rely on audio cues to predict further incoming damage.

Thanks for the suggestion; keep 'em comin'!
why not use similar technology in the spectate camera(for determining points of interest/big fights) and have it set so that when a large team fight breaks out, it will lower certain extraineous champ lines/sounds so that players can better hear the important stuff?

Riot Eno

Senior Sound Designer

04-27-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thryale View Post
why not use similar technology in the spectate camera(for determining points of interest/big fights) and have it set so that when a large team fight breaks out, it will lower certain extraineous champ lines/sounds so that players can better hear the important stuff?
Another good thought, and honestly how we would have to do it, should a feature like this ever make its way into the game.

Thanks for the lively discussion this evening, guys!

Rustyemo

04-28-2014

i would love that ! Hearing my champ suffering when hit by something would be cool !
it would make the game more emotional, i would not like it if my champ is suffering, so ill play more defensively !

(sorry if bad english, not my main language)

IBlackbirdI

05-20-2014

Bump.