1400 IP, Please Advise

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

08-23-2011

AP = Ability Power
AD = Attack Damage

Blue Golem is the golem that gives blue buff. The thing looks like blue gems circling around the golem and your character.

Fat Drunk Pirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2011

AP usually mages-like( Sion, the big and bad unded with a big axe can be one,lolz0r) ,well anw.
AD Guys who hit with weapons
They can be DPS (damage per second, various small hits fast) or burst (One mother****ing hit and a long wait).
Tank: The big guy who you want to be hit, the usually have CC (Crow control,stun,slow,silence) something to make them a good target.
Off-Tank: It's not your main tank, but he can but in that role for some time. Have a second role as damage or healing.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2011

Okay, that's about what I expected, thank you both.

So if Tristana fulfills my AD carry, I could pick up Annie for my AP spot. Am I following this correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicFrogNinja View Post
Anyway, it depends on your playstyle. What do you like in a champ?
I prefer range to melee, and quick hits to one big hit that I have to wait ages for.

So far I've tried Master Yi, Ashe, Garen, Warwick, Blitzcrank, and Annie.

I was really underwhelmed by Yi, though I was probably playing him incorrectly. Nothing really stood out for me, though.

Ashe was fun, if not a bit repetitive. I love being able to smack around multiple minions with Volley, though, which was a HUGE plus.

Garen was the hero I picked for the Battle Tutorial. A little too slow for me, but still fun. Sturdy enough for me to get a feel for the mechanics of the game, at least.

Like I said previously, Warwick was a big disappointment. I played three games with him and never got a good handle on his abilities. He was a little slow for me and died a little too quickly. I was probably overextending, though.

Blitzcrank and I did not get on well at all. I like his Overdrive, but I found it incredibly difficult to farm minions and was consistently WELL underleveled.

Annie was a lot of fun. Her range was a little lacking, but I was really satisfied with all of her abilities.

In retrospect, I wish I had tried out Caitlyn and Moakai.

Again, apologies for the string of questions. I just want to make sure that I can hold my own in a fight and help out my team.

theplqa

08-23-2011

Warwick is really meant to be played as a jungler so it's no suprise you couldn't play him right.

You have decided your Ranged AD Carry and AP spots so now all you need is a Tank,Melee AD Carry,and Support.

No real great tanks in the free week this time around.Shen is not a very good tank and Cho'Gath will probably be too hard to get a handle on but your welcome to try.

No Melee AD either(this week sucks) other than Skarner.

As for support the only one this week is Zilean.He's not bad so try him out.

Unfortunately this free week is mostly AP and some Ranged AD.Feel free to try out everyone though since having more than one champ to play a position is important.

ActionButlerGO

08-23-2011

Thanks for that. So it sounds like the best bet is to conserve IP for a while, which makes sense to me.

I am tempted to try Cho'Gath or Skarner for kicks, but still a little gun shy about using champs that I have no experience with.