1400 IP, Please Advise

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

I just topped 1400 IP and was wondering what my best course of action is.

The only champion I currently own is Tristana via the Facebook promotion, but I absolutely love playing as her. I tried a few of this week's free heroes and found that I enjoyed playing as Annie, but that was about it. I was expecting to like Warwick, but never got a feel for him after three games.

Anyway, my question, as a new player, is what should I invest my IP into? An epic-level champion? A couple of heroic-level champions? Save them for something greater? I was thinking about Ashe and/or Annie, but I am open to suggestions from veteran players.

Thanks much.

ProtoPulse

08-22-2011

Mage: Annie: 450
Tank: Warwick: 1350
Dps: Master yi: 450

THISISGOLFWANG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

Warwicks not a tank..

EpicFrogNinja

08-22-2011

Yeah, WW is by no definition a tank. Alistar, Amumu, and Singed are 1350 tanks.

Anyway, it depends on your playstyle. What do you like in a champ?

TwistWrist

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCartographer View Post
An epic-level champion? A couple of heroic-level champions? Save them for something greater?
IP Price is not an indication of value.

Smoothlikebuttah

08-22-2011

Ideally, a team should have an AP carry, AD carry, tank, support, and off-tank. For flexibility, you should be able to play all of them. You have a solid AP carry covered, and I wouldn't recommend getting a support champ right now (they are about to get nerfed pretty hard) so, I would probably recommend amumu as a tank or ashe as an AD carry. Or, just wait til champions are free and test them out. That way, you can have extra ip if a champion you really like is more expensive.

Grim Reaper

08-22-2011

Save all your ip until level 20 and just try out the free rotation champions every week. That way you have sampled a good portion of the champions, can buy the one you want, and deck that champion out with good runes.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-22-2011

^ Don't buy champions without trying them first. You can pick up one or more of the cheap (450) champions because they tend to be easier to play, and you won't be down a lot of IP if you dislike them, but wasting 6300 IP on someone you never play is never fun. The occasional purchase of someone that just looks really cool is fine as well, but make sure you have a handful of champions unlocked that you enjoy first, in case you don't like your new purchase.

Keep in mind that the higher priced champions aren't simply better due to their cost; some might be a bit stronger or weaker than others, but that's simply due to the natural changes that come with balancing, not a result of their pricing.

Jonathan Kent

08-22-2011

Never buy champs without playing them at least a handful of times. It's hard but just save all your IP. Eventually you will find champs that you fall in love with and then you can splurge a bit. Once you find a couple you like and buy you can then start saving up for runes!

ActionButlerGO

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothlikebuttah View Post
Ideally, a team should have an AP carry, AD carry, tank, support, and off-tank.
OK, I'm new to both the game and the genre, so I'm not going to pretend like I know what the acronyms mean.

Would someone mind translating? Or directing me to an appropriate guide?

Also, off-topic, what is the Blue Golem buff that I keep reading about?

Again, many thanks.