Advice on my Roaming JANNA - Wall of text/ Theorycrafting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drop Dem Gs

03-15-2011

Rate my Roaming Janna. WALL OF TEXT / Theory Crafting Dont look at my match history Im at the really low stages of Ranked (4 games) and players arnt reacting very well to my ganks eg: sitting back and not seeing it come at all even though i spam ping and type it. W/E not point of thread

Mastery Tree
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-0-0-3-1-3-1-1

9/0/21 running full utility with points in offense to maximize early game damge output

Start items

Boots
Ward
Hp potion

I start roaming at about level 2-3 sometimes level 1 if there jungler is at blue unprotected (low level games)

So remember focus for runes on Early game damage.

Reds
Full APen

APen seems best because with sheild on ill be doing much more damge than with AP runes early game anyways that is.

Yellow
Full Crit atm
Want to change to full AS (mabye) or Flat Hp

Full AS gives 6.84% at level 1 vs 48.15 Hp at level 1. The 48 Hp could be the difference between getting the kill and surviving whil tower diving or not, otherwise As seems the better choice although janna has a slow Base AS to begin with so any other suggestions.

Blue
Full Celerity 0.05% per level
Thinking of changing to either Intellect (11.25 mana) or Potency (0.99 AP) or Alacrity (0.64%AS, Giving me a total of 16.6%AS at level 1, assuming I go for AS Seals and 4% from mastery)

Celerity Seems really bad early game only giving a max of 2.7% CDR (8.7% with masterys) at level 6 making little to no difference to her early game potential.

Intellect giving 101.25 mana at level 1 seems huge and awesome as many times im 1 spell short of a kill. Any info on whether this is good?

Potency is only 8.91 AP which i dont think makes any difference at any stage of the game (for Janna) but I could be wrong.

Alacrity for stacking AS with sheild and APen seems really good early game.

Quints
Atm I have 2 Crit % runes which im going to change to either EXPENSIVE 3 Move speed runes (4.5%) or 3 APen Runes (9.96 APen + 15.03 Marks + 2 mastery = 26.99 APen)

Are the Speed runes worth it? with Janna already moveing at 3% passive 8% skill(lvl 1) and 3% Talents at level 1 assuming you took boots and slow thats around 420 ms which seems fking huge enough.

The APen seems the best to me 26.99 Will be slicing through the enemy early game pretty hard with the sheild maxed early.

Summoners

Clairvoyance.
Best Summoner Skill in the game IMO.

Im 100% sure this is the best skill for Janna

Flash
Next best skill IMO mabye swap for Ignite more early game potential possibly.

Flash imo is better than ghost as im alreayd bloody fast and it lets you use your Ulti in far more situations
eg: 2v2 fight - Sheild flash inbetween them knock 1 away knock 1 towards your tower sheild slow cyclone 2v1 fight
or
blink and ulti to save an enemy.
I feel the heal is very lackluster unless you have ALOT of AP and so the main use is the knockback

Ignite could be good for early game kills but IMO flash just has much more uses.

Thanks for reading If you managed to get through the wall of text Id really love your opinion.

Drop Dem Gs

03-15-2011

bump need opinions before I spend all my IP

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

When I roam with Janna I run:

Armor Pen Marks
Mana Regen/Level Seals
CDR/Flat Glyphs
Health/Flat Quints

Masteries I take 1/8/21 (Improved Exhaust, 3 in Strength of Spirit)

I agree with Clairvoyance, but for early game ganking, and even late game team fights, I find Exhaust to be a better choice. You typically don't want to be running Ignite unless the enemy has Mundo or some other high heal champ, because in the end you want the assist, not the kill.

Also, it's almost never a good idea to tower dive, even at low levels when the respawns are fast. You are much better off harassing the enemy to the point where they can't farm without risking death and then zoning them, especially since you don't scale well with items, and they likely do. If you trade kills with them, they'll come out on top every time.

(My Opinions are based on my experiences with Roaming Janna from 1400 Elo to 1600 Elo. It may not be entirely applicable much further or lower than those ranges.)

blues809

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

if you are roaming you should get MS quints

Zero TL

03-18-2011

I get one movement speed quint, 2 1g per 10, with the mastery its 3, and start with W and boots with health pots. Mine might seem unorthodox, but I like it

imhuge

03-18-2011

basically what I've been doing on most roamers, except I've only won 1 Janna game lol
I don't have that rune setup or anything special for roamers, I have crit on red and armor on yellow and resist on blue

the people I've played with mostly use move quints
Red attack speed (15% or so) is a slightly larger DPS increase than penetration I believe and is better for towers and last hits