you know what excites me the most about this??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rumples

08-22-2011

Theres no tier list. Fresh metagame to explore with goofy builds, and nobody can argue with any of it.

WOOSHY

08-22-2011

You can tell that speedy champs and mobility boots will be top tier in this map. Speed is very important in this map and you can tell that when riot added a speed boost in the middle of the map.

xGvPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOSHY View Post
You can tell that speedy champs and mobility boots will be top tier in this map. Speed is very important in this map and you can tell that when riot added a speed boost in the middle of the map.
Yeah, I doubt we'll see a no boots meta ;P.

It's like in SR people are go AS, AD, AP, in D people will add movement speed, heh, be like I'm going MS Rammus ;p.

rumples

08-22-2011

right but youll need different roles still. it will probably be different tho. something like:

speedy bd guys
defenders
brawlers
those that can push minions really fast

IS1070256987428e

Producer

08-22-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Speed is great, but speed doesn't help when you're waiting on a death countdown timer! Mwahaha!

That said, we fully expect that once the players get Dominion, we'll see all kinds of crazy team builds, and we'll be watching closely to ensure we keep the game mode as balanced as possble.

MillitaryBeetle

08-22-2011

I think that alot of champions who had no real viability in other game modes will shine. Gragas will be a great deffender and backdoorer and people with near globals can backdoor fast as hell.

Karthus, Alistar, Annie OP

GlyphTsen

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
Theres no tier list. Fresh metagame to explore with goofy builds, and nobody can argue with any of it.
Largely true, but I'll still be looking askance at AD Annie.

Honestly though, I think people pay too much attention to tier lists in Rift anyway, and would have both more fun and more success if they eased up on it.

rumples

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlyphTsen View Post
Largely true, but I'll still be looking askance at AD Annie.

Honestly though, I think people pay too much attention to tier lists in Rift anyway, and would have both more fun and more success if they eased up on it.
agreed

Abedeus

08-22-2011

Eve is still useless.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. Some champions are inherently better than others at Dominion. Did the fact that people listed pre-buff Pantheon as a terrible pick on SR hold you back from using him or was it the fact that he was horrible?

And again, I don't get why goofy builds would suddenly be viable. That being said, it looks to be a much more forgiving mode that fills your item builds out faster so maybe certain expensive builds will be OK when they were useless before in SR.

@MilitaryBeetle: You just listed a bunch of champions who are great currently....