Tank Defenders

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrotherCaine

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamwzl View Post
Heimer sort of falls off late game when everyone can kill your turrets in 1-2 hits.
Nexus damage can't be healed so any early advantage Heimer nets you remains.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solarious

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandor View Post
Healing is reduced by 20% and there is a 15% innate armor pen on the map for everyone. Taric also has basically no damage and very little AoE.

You need more HP than what you have in your build, a whole lot more if you want to camp a point. Amumu has his tantrum passive and can build much more tanky and still be effective. I don't think taric will be able to compete with singed and amumu.
Its a base for a Taric build, not a gospel, and hardly the only items you'll build. By the time you're actually forced out/killed, you can either build more damage (you're welcome for completely ignoring that manamune is a scaling attack damage item), or build the appropriate counters to their offense. Besides, you don't need to deal damage in order to defend a point, you only need to prevent them from capping. Any damage you deal, no matter how little, achieves this, and any time they have to spend forcing you out to capture the point is time spent ticking down their nexus points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandor View Post
IMO heimdinger will be amazing at this, the heimers I saw played on the stream were terrible at turret placement and ultimate usage. One heimer didn't take level 5 turrets until level 12. Turrets hurt real bad with a crazy slow under heimer's ultimate. If heimer also has garrison you'll torn to shreds trying to dive him even 2v1. Missiles and grenade make it very easy for him to interrupt caps.
On this, we agree. Turrets are far more valuable and easier to take advantage of in a capture/hold scenario than in the teamfight focused Summoner's Rift, and players trying to cap points are literally sitting ducks for a grenade. I look forward to Dominion precisely because champions that are otherwise written off in SR have new relevance in Crystal Scar.