Tank Defenders

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Tam

08-22-2011

So after watching the stream I see that Tank defenders seem to be really popular because it is almost impossible to push them off a point. Tank Renekton (srsly?) seems to be the most popular among the Riot staff.

So which tanky champ do you think is going to be the hardest to capture against? I'd say Amumu since he does such great damage while just sitting there, being unkillable.

Joeh911

08-22-2011

singed would probably get my vote. his ability to just kite everyone in circles while dodging with fling and doing constant poison damage seems a little overpowered. I believe he's a bit tankier than amumu as well

Eagen

08-22-2011

I also believe singed and perhaps alistar will rock in this map. Singed can run around poisoning an flinging while having a lot of regen with ulti so if it is not 1v1 the other teammates can arrive on time, same goes for alistar with e maxed and ulti on.

Und3rSc0re

08-22-2011

Mundo!
Edit: well hes not really a tank but im hoping to see him on dominion.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

Singed is gonna be so nasty on Dominion. Was he played by the RIOT staff at all? I only saw 2 dominions matches.

Stave

08-22-2011

Poppy ftw. Just saying

Doom Lich

08-22-2011

Amumu. Everything he does is AOE to wipe multiple targets out, and bandage toss can be clutch.

Solarious

08-22-2011

Taric.

Armor passive, double heal on self, and a mana return and heal cooldown right click passive. Build Manamune, Spirit Visage, Veil, and stay on a point forever and never leave. When they converge on you 3v1, stun, shatter, odyn's active, and laugh as they spend half a minute trying to kill you only to die because your team comes up behind them to gently caress them.

Karandor

Adjudicator

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarious View Post
Taric.

Armor passive, double heal on self, and a mana return and heal cooldown right click passive. Build Manamune, Spirit Visage, Veil, and stay on a point forever and never leave. When they converge on you 3v1, stun, shatter, odyn's active, and laugh as they spend half a minute trying to kill you only to die because your team comes up behind them to gently caress them.
Healing is reduced by 20% and there is a 15% innate armor pen on the map for everyone. Taric also has basically no damage and very little AoE.

You need more HP than what you have in your build, a whole lot more if you want to camp a point. Amumu has his tantrum passive and can build much more tanky and still be effective. I don't think taric will be able to compete with singed and amumu.

IMO heimdinger will be amazing at this, the heimers I saw played on the stream were terrible at turret placement and ultimate usage. One heimer didn't take level 5 turrets until level 12. Turrets hurt real bad with a crazy slow under heimer's ultimate. If heimer also has garrison you'll torn to shreds trying to dive him even 2v1. Missiles and grenade make it very easy for him to interrupt caps.

Cardmaster

08-22-2011

Heimer sort of falls off late game when everyone can kill your turrets in 1-2 hits.