@Art Team: Not sure I'm happy

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Komori Kiri

08-22-2011

I don't know if the point was discussed already but :

Too much environment animations are the worst thing ever.

I watched your video about how cool "the map is living", but I am kind of disappointed in this part of the game.

This is just nerfing the gameplay. Readability of the game/screen is poor. You don't understand what's happening because half of the time everything is moving. It's way harder to understand clearly where someone moves, what's important, etc. : your vision focuses on USELESS things, not on IMPORTANT things.

You know why summoners' rift is so efficient ? Because few things are moving. When something moves, you know it's something important. The colors are often in the same panel, meaning when something flashy appears, it's always something important.

In dominion, the only thing I see is the map and the buildings : FLASHY, ANIMATED : not different than champions. It is painful on the long term. I'm not sure I'll be able to play a lot on this map.

My 2 cents

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

08-22-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I would tend to disagree. Pretty much all the animating structures are on the outer rim of the map, away from the action.

I guess all I can say is that I personally have never had a problem focusing because of the environment, though your mileage may vary. I suggest you give it a shot when it comes out and see if it suits you.

SharkbaitBruhaha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

Pretty colors and moving things = Jaw drops during gameplay.

Resume

08-22-2011

Yes, we all like to cry, but d@mn, why so serious?

Dominion is all about fun, not efficiency.

ElJiggles

08-22-2011

I wasn't at all distracted by environmental animations while watching the stream. I highly doubt most people will be.

NinetyNineTails

08-22-2011

To be honest, watching the art preview, I had some vague concerns in this direction as well. But, hey, I can see how they're appealing, too, and it's not like I have some experience with the map to have concrete concerns.

PharmasaurusRx

08-22-2011

people willl always find something to complain about....

rumples

08-22-2011

im gonna use this excuse when i fail. "oh herp i was looking at the windmill derp"

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
I would tend to disagree. Pretty much all the animating structures are on the outer rim of the map, away from the action.

I guess all I can say is that I personally have never had a problem focusing because of the environment, though your mileage may vary. I suggest you give it a shot when it comes out and see if it suits you.
If people tend to find it an issue, decreasing graphics setting for terrain specifically in their own settings should do the trick too IMO.