Speed Cap. Phantom/Ghost Blade/ Runes/Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xGvPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drathmar View Post
The thing is you don't need to catch yi and kill him you just need to stop him capping a point.
And as fast as Yi is he doesn't handle CC well...if a Yi gets fed and can get faster capture items it could turn ugly, but otherwise you'd just handle Yi like you do in any other game, use CC to prevent caps then use more CC to kill ;P

Hellsteelzz

08-22-2011

I understand your guys opinions because i thought of them as well, but i still personally believe it will be a problem. Dominion will be about team work, and with a Ninja/speed champ, he can focus farming then capping allgame while his teammates pressure other way points, the thing is.. once Yi gets items and farms up, near the end of the match is when he will really be a problem when he is fully geared, early game he can just focus on farming and getting kills, once the game progresses near the end he can take advantage of capping.

Anyhow, we will all see when its released, i just hope Riot takes a look at this to confirm that it prevents abuse. (if any) Because i really think it will :P

Hellsteelzz

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunSupport View Post
Riot would have noticed if speed was too overpowered. They have been playtesting this for monthes now AND played Rammus and Master Yi on the map many many times.

Did not see Riot make any videos playing a speed stacked Yi yet, as far i see, Riot staff made normal videos in all the dominion previews.

TheMarkMark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2011

You have 20 minutes, you won't have 4 PD's and boots of mobility.

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsteel View Post
there needs to be a hardcap of some sort
The hardcap is 10,000. Happy?

hawkraider

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5071 View Post
The hardcap is 10,000. Happy?
actually the hardcap for AS in all maps is 3

collute

08-23-2011

if you look at the live preview, there was one kassadin building mobility boots and stacking zeals.
guess what? he got 1 shotted by a poppy b4 he can even rift walk.

Poptart1933

08-23-2011

This is just silly... any yi that builds straight dancers and ghost blade is already ******ed. 2 dancers is pretty much enough to hit the cap on AS and it puts you over 400 MS without abilities masteries or summoner spells. If you have played a yi like this and had any trouble I feel sorry for you. All it takes is 1 good stun or pop up or suppression and he goes poof.

Poptart1933

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkraider View Post
actually the hardcap for AS in all maps is 3
actually the handicap for AS on all maps is 2.5

Shizz

08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poptart1933 View Post
actually the handicap for AS on all maps is 2.5
Absolutely correct. 2.5 attacks/second is the hardcap. MS does not have a hardcap, but it does have diminishing returns.

To the OP's point, it won't be an issue, as many others have pointed out, because all you have to do is interrupt the capture, which is very easy.
Honestly, Yi is pretty useless without items, so I don't see him doing that great in this mode.