Speed Cap. Phantom/Ghost Blade/ Runes/Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mseb warden

08-22-2011

With the release of Dominion i think there needs to be a better speed cap (And here is why)

I have seen countless games playing in pug normals where Yis stack phantoms and grab a ghost blade, and just BD the whole game.... Not only is this not fun to deal with, its just not necessary (this is easily prevented with a team who isn't mentally challenged and knows how to deal with the BD, but the majority of pugs are mentally challenged sadly (even though this sounds mean, its true)

^Normal games.

Now imagine this abuse in Dominion where its all about capping flags and doing it fast + speed boosts on map... Yi Ult + phantom +ghost blade + sprint and or flash + speed quints and or masteries, i can see this being abused even before Dominion is released. Realistically i can see this being done with other champions but most likely it will be YI who succeeds it.

Why? because yi with stacked Dancers can just push the lane in 1 second, and run around the map practically being untouched if he knows how to play.

Put a cap on speed, to prevent this abuse in the new map , Having a speed item is fine, but when you over-do it, its definitely overpowered when it comes to map control... Other games have experienced these abuses and fixed them (Battle Grounds) for example.

Bones446

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

There are certain champions that are all about speed. Why would they put a cap on speed? You know there are dimininshing returns on speed already right? If they put a cap on speed, rammus would not be allowed to speed cap windmill at the beginning of the game. This will not be happening, just saying.

Eagen

08-22-2011

if a yi goes only phantom and youmu then he's squishy as hell... Just put one person in each point you captured then he can't do a **** imo.

mseb warden

08-22-2011

DRS are not enough for a conquest type map, there needs to be a hardcap of some sort, especially with speed buff items, a good player will easily just run around, hide in a bush and ninja undefended posts, while your team occupies theirs. Rammus may be able to do this well, but YI would do it much better. Try killing a yi with these items +sprint and ghost, i guarantee you wont catch him unless your team blows everything to slow him down and cc him.

In 5v5 its hard enough to kill a skilled Yi bder, try doing it with 2 teammates who no summoners because they are busy trying to prevent ganks and or get them. (Dominion is fast paced with ganks constantly happening, hence is why you wont be able to save summoners as much to prevent this- and even with them its still going to be hard)

By the way... I am not trying to be rude about this or anything, but if they don't change it prior to dominion i am going to post here and say "i told you so" because its definetly going to happen.

I will probably make a video when its released proving my point, Based on how the Riot staff played, there was usually always a capture point undefended in order to save other points.

Vernaferous

08-22-2011

its so hard to catch someone channeling. It wont be a problem...

JunSupport

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsteel View Post
DRS are not enough for a conquest type map, there needs to be a hardcap of some sort, especially with speed buff items, a good player will easily just run around, hide in a bush and ninja undefended posts, while your team occupies theirs. Rammus may be able to do this well, but YI would do it much better. Try killing a yi with these items +sprint and ghost, i guarantee you wont catch him unless your team blows everything to slow him down and cc him.

In 5v5 its hard enough to kill a skilled Yi bder, try doing it with 2 teammates who no summoners because they are busy trying to prevent ganks and or get them. (Dominion is fast paced with ganks constantly happening, hence is why you wont be able to save summoners as much to prevent this- and even with them its still going to be hard)

By the way... I am not trying to be rude about this or anything, but if they don't change it prior to dominion i am going to post here and say "i told you so" because its definetly going to happen.

I will probably make a video when its released proving my point, Based on how the Riot staff played, there was usually always a capture point undefended in order to save other points.
Nope.

The map is not as big as Summoner's Rift.

You can intercept people if you're not being stupid. There is 100% no need for a cap.

If you play with good team work, you can always catch an enemy. There are speed shrines you can use as well, which allow you to intercept very easily.

There only one who reaches an annoying speed is Rammus, and he stops dead when he hits an enemy unit.

If the enemy backdoor's a point, that means you can hard pressure a different point.

This map is about constant teamwork, not individual speed.

There are plenty of videos showing people achieve 1k~2k speed on Rammus. But you know what? None of that will work on Dominion, because it requires tons of planning for a single moment that would achieve very little.

Riot would have noticed if speed was too overpowered. They have been playtesting this for monthes now AND played Rammus and Master Yi on the map many many times.

You're wrong on all counts.

If you don't admit defeat, I will necro this post 3 monthes from now, and watch as the newbies looking at the thread laugh at your face.

Drathmar

08-22-2011

The thing is you don't need to catch yi and kill him you just need to stop him capping a point.

ElJiggles

08-22-2011

I don't see this as a big problem. The channel times to capture a point are long enough that stacking nothing but speed isn't going to be godly.

rumples

08-22-2011

The map is really small though, a competent team is going to be able to reach it in time to stop it before hes completely done. And even if they dont, he probably wont be able to defend anything since he build him for nothing but speed.

Karandor

Adjudicator

08-22-2011

That yi will be so squishy any decent defender will be able to easily 1v1 him. If your team leaves points without any defense well... you deserve to lose to that yi.