Unstoppable Strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mospeed

09-12-2009

Well first things first you don't start the game off with promote charged to full so I don't see how they did it at the start of the game. Second, promoted units only take less damage from the turret, not the actual players so your team should recognize the threat and eliminate it asap.

Hiiro Yui

09-12-2009

5 man promote is fail. i have yet to see a team effectively pull it off.

so far: 4 teams have tried, failed, and lost.

first promote push gave them 2 towers
2nd gave them 1
3rd, was extra gold from the promoted creeps.

has been the same nearly every time, unless one of my team mates feel the need to get fortify, then they usually get nothing out of it.

themitey1

Adjudicator

09-12-2009

With teamwork, it's not too hard to beat an average team doing it.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-13-2009

I beat it with all PUBs. Just takes a lil coordination/teamwork.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

09-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
I beat it with all PUBs. Just takes a lil coordination/teamwork.

Pub + requiring teamwork... isnt that a contradiction?

Zeyk

09-13-2009

I don't get what's hard to counter about the 5 man promote rush, all you have to do is get your team to defend the tower. Promotes are not very strong in the beginning. If you can't even recognize the 5 Promotes on their team in the load screen and convince your team to come defend mid after a couple minutes, of course you deserve to lose.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyk View Post
I don't get what's hard to counter about the 5 man promote rush, all you have to do is get your team to defend the tower. Promotes are not very strong in the beginning. If you can't even recognize the 5 Promotes on their team in the load screen and convince your team to come defend mid after a couple minutes, of course you deserve to lose.

5 promotes, a few rallies, couple of heals, with push focused champion and healing champions. Its counterable, but with blind draft and pure pug, it can be tough to stop even with a co-ordinated effort, if your team doesnt have a lot of aoe, or early game power. I played a pug against the 5 promote push team, and even though we were able to defend for quite a while, they slowly managed to push us back, as we really had no power to take out their champions early game.

SmecssRaege

09-17-2009

This was a team running 5 promotes, 3 heals, 2 rallys.

It didn't work out so well for them... being that they were probably the worst team i've ever played against, and that twitches ultimate was RIPPING apart the promote rush >.>;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...encies/wtf.jpg

@ 7 minutes, two middle towers killed
@ 13 minutes, middle base tower+inhibitor killed
@ 19 minutes, bottom non base towers killed
@ 25 minutes, top non base towers killed (maybe the base tower and inhibitor too can't remember)

but they were so bad that we farmed up so fast... 17-0 on twitch gave me so much income, with my ulti i could rip down the promote rush in the blink of an eye >.>;

And the teammates were all very well co-ordinated because i told them right at the start of the game that we were going to be facing promote rushes..so everytime they went MIA we would sit in front of our base waiting for the direction to defend

Was quite a beautiful thing to see a PUG with such good co-ordination and listening/communication skills :-)

Evernight

09-17-2009

The problem with suggesting smite to counter Promote is that you don't know when a team is going to all pick promote... you shouldnt have to just take smite because there is a chance that they will all go promote. Thats gay.

But the real counter is letting your team know where the push is happening... they need to come right away and you can easily quash their push and get some kills if played correctly. Promote if stacked is still too powerful because of blind pick - not because if the skill itself.

Mr Tibbers

09-17-2009

Smite isn't for JUST a promote strat. Smite can counter in case of this, it handles Tibbers and allows teams to dragon at level 1 with 2 or more. It's good for jungling and plain out farming. So, I really don't see why there's a problem with taking Smite as a "just in case" spell. :/