Your ban picks for Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doom Lich

08-21-2011

Your playing ranked dominion in solo queue(Or custom game draft if they never offer ranked), you find out your team captain. The other team leader makes a throwaway first ban, like Soraka(You can ban Soraka if you really think she's worth it.) or something. It's your turn to ban. Your entire team is silent and has no helpful input. Who do you pick? (If you haven't been in this situation you have not played enough low ELO ranked 5's.)

Also, who do you play, since reasonably your ban picks will be what you think is second most powerful and third, since you're gonna grab first. And try to justify it a bit.

I ban Amumu and Teemo. I wold then take Rammus.

Amumu is just inherently good in Dominion, as if he wasn't already being banned every game in summoner's rift. He is naturally tanky, has basically ALL AOE's for disrupting channels, and increased defensive mobility through bandage toss. He's the ideal defender.

Teemo is actually a tough fight between him and Ezreal. Teemo has good damage capacity, mushrooms slow the enemy team's jungle travel to reduce threat response time. Mushroom placement can also totally counter health and speed buffs. They also give jungle visibility. He also has a speed boost. He's really good.

Ezreal, our honorable mention, has higher damage, his ult can temporarily save ANY point from anywhere. His W can disrupt multiple channels, and his blink gives him boosted mobility.

Now, I take Rammus because he has extreme utility and flexibility in this mode. Built right he can actually take windmill (Top) before anyone else is capable of even being there. His power ball allows for unpredictable "ninja caps" where the enemy team can't respond. He's naturally very tanky from the start. He has an AOE ult with good damage for easy defense against 2 on 1's. He's my ideal Dominion character. And he should also always have ghost here. Always.

Doom Lich

08-21-2011

Bump for more opinions. Also why was I downvoted? If you don't like my picks, discuss yours. Don't downvote the OP.

Taiyouji

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2011

Karthus, as he can turn a point uncapturable for over 10 seconds, and his ulti.

Terrornoid

08-21-2011

Rammus, for his ability to speed everywhere and be a great defensive asset.

Ezreal, for his insane capture blocking, good offense, and great escapability/juking.

Akali, for generally exploding any champion she comes into contact with. Also a great escapist. Also good at defense. Scratch all that. Akali for being generally awesome.

Joeh911

08-22-2011

What about beefy dps characters?

I was thinking of picking champions like garen, jax, mundo, yorick and so on. I think with a good support, champions like that can just plow through capture points.

Joeh911

08-22-2011

maybe even split up into groups. Like ash, garen and taric would team up and be the enforcers. While you put champions like alistar and the unkillable singed on defensive duty

Dezarius

08-22-2011

I'm probably noob here, but gosh Blitzcrank looked like he had some potential on that map! Not sure worth a ban, but close...

Tol Eressea

08-22-2011

Very likely Akali and Irelia for bans.

Man of God2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

I have a feeling long range ults will be banned like Ez, Ashe, Gangplank and Lux. Especially lux because of her CD on her ult. But idk, that is if Riot decides they want ranking dominion straight away. They haven't given us info if they are doing ranked yet.

RavenGlenn

08-22-2011

I think a rather powerful choice will be Anivia. Wall to hold up oncoming champions to the point, plus dropping her ulti right on the point.

Amumu will be a rather powerful point tank as well with his constant aoe's.

After the changes, I'd also say Nidalee. She is going to have an uncanny ability to stay at range from the point and chuck spears at anyone trying to cap.