@Riot I am red-green color blind

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToxicShotGG

08-20-2011

And it is very hard for me to distinguish between friendly and enemy captured points, will you be adding any options in to help me with my handicap?

Sincerely, a sad panda.

CaffeineJunky

08-20-2011

There's already a topic on this explaining what things have been done to help color blind players. In particular, you'll notice that allied points are circles and enemy points are hexagons, among other things.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ht=color+blind

OmniknightJohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2011

I am also color blind. It's not as bad as you make it out to be, I didn't have trouble distinguishing anything on the live stream. I dislike when people represent color blindness as a serious condition: it's a minor inconvenience and a good talking point at parties.

ToxicShotGG

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniknightJohn View Post
I am also color blind. It's not as bad as you make it out to be, I didn't have trouble distinguishing anything on the live stream. I dislike when people represent color blindness as a serious condition: it's a minor inconvenience and a good talking point at parties.
Your argument is so flawed. Not every case of a medical condition is identical.. I had my eyes tested at the eye doctors last appointment and I literally identified 1 out of 40 letters in the colour blind test... the doctor said he had never seen it as bad as i have it. Just because you may be able to identify it easily on the live stream does not mean someone else who has the condition worse than you will be able to do the same.

Also it is a serious condition that can prevent someone from working working in certain fields in life..

e.g. unable to be a pilot etc. So maybe you should do some more research before you spew that **** out of your mouth

Elalya

08-21-2011

*******http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f7/US_Flag_color_blind.png/354px-US_Flag_color_blind.png********

Wikipedia agrees!

If I were you I would just edit the particles on your own client, similar to how you can add custom particles to your client. If you need help unpacking any of the files, message me in-game.

Vogie

08-21-2011

They're going to reskin it for release so the colors are Purple & Blue.

Not sure if it helps

Smcl

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLade View Post
Your argument is so flawed. Not every case of a medical condition is identical.. I had my eyes tested at the eye doctors last appointment and I literally identified 1 out of 40 letters in the colour blind test... the doctor said he had never seen it as bad as i have it. Just because you may be able to identify it easily on the live stream does not mean someone else who has the condition worse than you will be able to do the same.

Also it is a serious condition that can prevent someone from working working in certain fields in life..

e.g. unable to be a pilot etc. So maybe you should do some more research before you spew that **** out of your mouth
If you have any optical issues you're unable to become a pilot. Your vision can be slightly off-par and that can disable you from becoming a pilot.
Your argument is also flawed.

http://www.stlukeseye.com/conditions...Blindness.html
^ There's your research.