We need a spellvamp item for AD casters.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObscureClockwork

08-28-2011

how about these two?

Bladed shadow
Recipe: Longsword + dagger + 270 (total of 1105)
+ 30 attack damage
+ 15% attack speed
+ 15% spell vamp

Shadow's Reaper
Recipe: Bladed shadow + vampiric scepter + pickaxe + 170 (total of 2700)
+ 60 attack
+ 25% attack speed
Unique: + 30% spell vamp
Active: Upon activation, you gain 25% lifesteal and 20 attack damage for 10 seconds. 20 second cooldown

JunSupport

08-28-2011

imo, AD casters should be building Bloodthirster anyway.

Pantheon and Urgot both have Bloodthirster at the top of their items to buy.
AD Casters have good sustained damage on top on ability damage. That means they can benefit from life steal.

Spellvamp is not necessary.

Espy Psyche

08-28-2011

Here's a better idea than a spell vamp item for AD casters: Make Lifesteal provide AD caster spell vamp. That would do the job better than any AD-spell vamp item would.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy Psyche View Post
Here's a better idea than a spell vamp item for AD casters: Make Lifesteal provide AD caster spell vamp. That would do the job better than any AD-spell vamp item would.
this would be awesome but it will never EVER happen.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2011

isn't that what the hextech gunblade's for?

Vuther

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunSupport View Post
AD Casters have good sustained damage on top on ability damage. That means they can benefit from life steal.
No, they don't. That's why they're commonly called "AD casters". They utilize attack damage, but mostly rely on their abilities. Their sustained damage from their autoattacks is an improvement over the AP casters and supports, sure, but it ain't saying much for them...

JustMyBassCannon

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
No, they don't. That's why they're commonly called "AD casters". They utilize attack damage, but mostly rely on their abilities. Their sustained damage from their autoattacks is an improvement over the AP casters and supports, sure, but it ain't saying much for them...
This is why you get Gunblade. It gives Lifesteal, Spell Vamp, AND AD to boot. Sure, it gives 75 AP and a single target slow that half of players forget to use, but 3/5 is still a winning Ro-Sham-Bo.

And what are you talking about, I depend on auto attack damage just as much as my skills on AD casters. Talon, Pantheon, Urgot (the few free weeks I play him), Renekton...Pantheon and Talon especially though, Panth's E passive and Talon's Q are REAL nice for Lifesteal.

Castiele

08-31-2011

I would like to see something like the following:
Bilgewater Cutlass
another Pickaxe
800 gold
-------------------------

Blood Axe
80 AD
25% lifesteal
20% spell vamp
UNIQUE Active: Deals 300 physical damage and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (400 range). 60 second cooldown

I think this would be a comparable end game item to existing items. Also, switched the Active to deal Physical Damage instead of magic, since you would assume most people would have armor pen for an AD caster.

Vuther

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
This is why you get Gunblade. It gives Lifesteal, Spell Vamp, AND AD to boot. Sure, it gives 75 AP and a single target slow that half of players forget to use, but 3/5 is still a winning Ro-Sham-Bo.

And what are you talking about, I depend on auto attack damage just as much as my skills on AD casters. Talon, Pantheon, Urgot (the few free weeks I play him), Renekton...Pantheon and Talon especially though, Panth's E passive and Talon's Q are REAL nice for Lifesteal.
3/5 is totally not winning (Though I say so for different reasons - because that slow really is good as long as you remember to use it. If you don't, your fault. The lifesteal...still not that great.). That AP you don't pay for does hurt. The 3625 gold for the Gunblade is significant enough without having a bunch of AP you waste for it.

I don't know about you, but every time I'm silenced or I misuse my abilities on the AD casters (Talon's possibly the least extreme of an AD caster out of all of those due a passive that say "you gotta autoattack to use this"), I can see I am completely fragged. When a physical carry gets silenced, many have no problems with continuing autoattacking. When the AD casters do...it turns out badly. They do use their autoattack, but you can tell as well as me that such a thing is a holdover for when their abilities are available again. It's just a better holdover then when mages do so - however, for the AD casters, their abilities still outmatch their autoattacks completely.

WarlordMichael

08-31-2011

In comparison though the 3625 for the gunblade is actually quite cheap, consider for example that there is only 1 pure AD caster (Talon) all the others have at least 1 skill with AP scaling hence the AP is never entirely wasted.

But let us consider from Talons perspective, as he is the only person the AD is completely wasted on, other items with comparable cost/AD, Infinity edge (80 AD only 1 can be used as a 2nd provides no bonus at all 3830 gold), Bloodthirster (100 AD and 25% life steal after 40minion kills, 3000 gold) as you can see both these items offer a slightly higher AD.

The gunblade gives 60 AD, a usable slow, 25% spellvamp and 20% lifesteal for 3650 gold so really your trading BT's ability to farm up to 100 AD, 5% lifesteal and 650 gold and recieve in exchange a slow, and 25% spell vamp.

Note for any hero with even 1 skill benefiting from AP the trade off is even better