We need a spellvamp item for AD casters.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McTrollinson

08-21-2011

Something like a hextech knife or something.

Give some AD and spellvamp.

Thought?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2011

It'd be nice if you'd make an actual suggestion for an item instead of just a concept. Y'know, maybe what items build into it, what stats they give, etc.

BTW, nice name.

Carados

08-21-2011

Didn't we have a red to make a thread specificall, to prevent posting of item idea threads?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2011

I'd link to it, but I'm sure you can find it. "What items would you like to see" is the name of the topic, and it was started by Xypherous.

McTrollinson

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Didn't we have a red to make a thread specificall, to prevent posting of item idea threads?
KK, sorry, will post some detail (recipe etc) suggestions on more specific items later.

McTrollinson

08-21-2011

The way I get it, AP gives you approximately two times bang for the buck when compared to AD, so this is what this item's cost is based on:

Quote:
Hextech Knife

Recipe:
Long Sword x3
555 gold

Stats:

+30 Damage
15% spell vamp
Kinda weak lategame but could build into something more advanced.

Thoughts?

Super Explosion

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
It'd be nice if you'd make an actual suggestion for an item instead of just a concept. Y'know, maybe what items build into it, what stats they give, etc.

BTW, nice name.
I'll be honest-- what is wrong with giving a conceptual idea without statistics?

Can you imagine if Riot asked their designers: "Hey buddy, that's cool, but can you give me some code for it? You know Java right?"

---------

As for the idea itself, I believe Hextech Gunblade fills the role lategame. It also seems with the Spell Vamp nerfs, item cost, and uniqueness that they don't really want vamp to be available in force early, or even at all. Perhaps due to the potential of sustain through DoTs?

JustMyBassCannon

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
I'll be honest-- what is wrong with giving a conceptual idea without statistics?

Can you imagine if Riot asked their designers: "Hey buddy, that's cool, but can you give me some code for it? You know Java right?"
Those two ideas aren't the exact same. Someone's making a suggestion for an item concept, but not giving any template for them to look at and critique. There's nothing wrong with asking someone to finish their idea. That's quite different from coming up with an in-game concept and asking for coding.

Super Explosion

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Those two ideas aren't the exact same. Someone's making a suggestion for an item concept, but not giving any template for them to look at and critique. There's nothing wrong with asking someone to finish their idea. That's quite different from coming up with an in-game concept and asking for coding.
The "code" is the item's statistics, which are its mechanical values. Someone can be very good at sensing and pointing out concepts to be utilized, but not very good at the actual deployment.
The original poster had an idea which he proposed for discussion. To demand a mechanical rendering of that idea from him only dampens the creative spirit.

The essence of an Item Discussion forum is to... discuss items. Not to only critique number values.
Were he (or anyone else who likes the idea) to actually wish the item to be MADE, they would have to render the statistics. But it is not a requirement for discussion, or to inspire the Riot designers.

BrotherCaine

08-22-2011

I don't see the problem personally with having abilities that scale of AD benefit from spellvamp... or failing that a new stat.