You killed twisted fate.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iLuvCandy

08-21-2011

Ok. I'll start of by saying that tf was my main, my favourite char, as well as the one character that had the greatest gank potential. Why can't riot only limit hit ultimate in DOMINION ONLY and leave the global ult on 3v3+5v5...

Sorry if its alrdy been asked. I'm new to the forums.

DantesRequiem

08-21-2011

1st of all a global ultimate is incredibly powerful. But Twisted Fate's global ultimate was a global Teleport that could be targeted anywhere. It, IMO, was too powerful. Same with Pantheon's, except no one cared because Pantheon didn't do much damage at the time. I think the range limit was an important change in both Summoners Rift and for gameplay in general.

Yaezakura

08-21-2011

Dominion had nothing to do with eliminating global teleport ults. What made TF (and Pantheon, to a lesser degree at the time) too powerful was not the gank potential, but the ability to split push and then instantly be anywhere on the map in time for a fight.

iLuvCandy

08-21-2011

@DantesRequiem

Yes, but without his global ult twisted fate is deemed useless support wise, dps , burst and all the other stuff wise. It's not like tf could 1v5 everyone either. His global ultimate gave a character that was squishy as hell to gtfo and gtfi. Pantheon didnt do much damage. TF does NO DMG.

His ult should srsly get increased range...

DantesRequiem

08-21-2011

@ iLuvCandy

His damage is largely unchanged and Pantheon does more damage now...so I am unsure of what you mean. He has a powerful slow which has a rapid cooldown (when compared to other stuns) and doubles as a nuke as well as a passive ability which increases attack speed and damage on every fourth attack. There is a lot to like with TF's abilities. And with some creative use of teleport, he still has a TON of gank potential...he just can no longer fight, teleport to main base, heal and ULT back to a fight. Furthermore, one of the best things about his ultimate is the vision it grants, which it still does.

Yaezakura

08-21-2011

Nerfing the ults was only one step. TF was an instant ban he was so powerful with the global teleport. You either banned him, picked him, or you probably lost. Something had to be done.

If TF isn't viable now, they will tweak his power levels to put him in a good place. But he'll never get the global teleport back. Being able to jump from one lane to the next one is more than enough.

iLuvCandy

08-21-2011

Yes i agree. But you cant pull any damage at all unless your a glass cannon. They should extend the range a bit at the least. It's tiny...

Mr Threepwood

08-21-2011

I've never seen an attack range change on a ranged champion for balance. (Some melee's have gotten it that I've noticed). This isn't to say that they can't/haven't/won't, but I haven't seen it and I kinda doubt they'll do it. Frankly I think that's all Ez needs to be viable.

Yaezakura

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLuvCandy View Post
Yes i agree. But you cant pull any damage at all unless your a glass cannon. They should extend the range a bit at the least. It's tiny...
...Tiny? He can literally jump from middle lane to either side lane. If it was any further, it may as well be global again.

DantesRequiem

08-21-2011

I agree that his range is small...it should be increased a bit imo, otherwise it is easiest to play him AP which is wierd...